Need Help with Vulkan Setup

I followed the steps on the arch wiki and installed all the necessary packages for vulkan to work on my AMD GPU.
when running “vulkaninfo” however; I get the following error message:

ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : loader_scanned_icd_add: Driver /usr/lib/amdvlk64.so says it supports interface version 6 but still exports core entrypoints (Policy #LDP_DRIVER_6)
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : loader_scanned_icd_add: Driver /usr/lib/libvulkan_intel.so supports Vulkan 1.2, but only supports loader interface version 4. Interface version 5 or newer required to support this version of Vulkan (Policy #LDP_DRIVER_7)
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : loader_scanned_icd_add: Driver /usr/lib/libvulkan_radeon.so supports Vulkan 1.2, but only supports loader interface version 4. Interface version 5 or newer required to support this version of Vulkan (Policy #LDP_DRIVER_7)
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : loader_scanned_icd_add: Driver /usr/lib/amdvlkpro64.so says it supports interface version 6 but still exports core entrypoints (Policy #LDP_DRIVER_6)
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : terminator_CreateInstance: Failed to CreateInstance in ICD 0.  Skipping ICD.
WARNING: [Loader Message] Code 0 : terminator_CreateInstance: Failed to CreateInstance in ICD 3.  Skipping ICD.
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : setup_loader_term_phys_devs:  Failed to detect any valid GPUs in the current config
ERROR: [Loader Message] Code 0 : setup_loader_tramp_phys_devs:  Failed during dispatch call of 'vkEnumeratePhysicalDevices' to lower layers or loader to get count.
ERROR at /build/vulkan-tools/src/Vulkan-Tools-1.2.203/vulkaninfo/vulkaninfo.h:230:vkEnumeratePhysicalDevices failed with ERROR_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

I’m fairly certain the problem isn’t compatibility since vulkan works just fine on Windows, so there must be something that went wrong during the installation process but I have no clue what it could be.

Vulkan on AMD is just installing vulkan-radeon and lib32-vulkan-radeon with sudo pacman -S vulkan-radeon lib32-vulkan-radeon given that a card new enough to have amdgpu support is present.

Did you reboot after installing those?

Whats the output of inxi -Gxxz?

1 Like

I already did.

Graphics:
  Device-1: AMD Curacao XT / Trinidad XT [Radeon R7 370 / R9 270X/370X]
    vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: radeon v: kernel bus-ID: 2b:00.0
    chip-ID: 1002:6810
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.21.1.3 compositor: kwin_x11 driver:
    loaded: radeon resolution: 1: 2560x1440 2: 1024x768~60Hz s-dpi: 96
  OpenGL: renderer: AMD PITCAIRN (DRM 2.50.0 5.16.5-arch1-1 LLVM 13.0.0)
    v: 4.5 Mesa 21.3.5 direct render: Yes

You are currently using the radeon - driver, which has no vulkan-support (the naming of the vulkan-radeon package is just not good, but vulkan-radeon requires amdgpu):

Make sure that amdgpu is installed with sudo pacman -S xf86-video-amdgpu
After that you need to enable amdgpu with the following wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AMDGPU#Enable_Southern_Islands_(SI)and_Sea_Islands(CIK)_support

You should also do a full update. The current kernel is 5.16.11 but you still run