Need help. with dblock

No pamac here - only yay

its dificult ootb to tell what was going on. i dont have a pacman service at boot. DB locks comes because it broke off a session. Mayby on some point a special situation dont know that much on db-locks. but as package manage i use mostly pacman for repo and yay for aur, because yay also use pacman but personal i dont like to much layers of package managers. Even my Gui for the repo uses pacman direct.

1 Like

out of curiosity - why pacman and yay? yay is a wrapper for pacman and works for pacaman commands too. And I see many ppl use yay -Syu when yay is enough. Yay = yay -Syu. less than half the typing. Lazy is a lifestyle :joy:

I will read up a little on dblck to see what causes it.

i have to tell you a secret i am way lazy’er , in total of 3 clicks my system is updating :slight_smile: even dont use the passwords :slight_smile:

1 Like

:rofl:
alias y=“yay”
beat that

I do rember you fro manjaro right?. The belgian. Ringo32 IIRC

I agree with you -f should only be used in special cases when nothing else works. It’s a bad habit to use -f whenever for whatever reason.

1 Like

Hi, if I may rise this thread from its slumber, how can I be sure that there is indeed no hidden pacman thread that locked this file?