Mysterious issues with fresh install

I have not installed any new drivers for the CPU that I know of, barring any installed by the EndeavourOS install process or if the above Asus Linux article did anything as a dependency (I don’t think so.) However, pacman -Q | grep intel does suggest that the driver you linked to is, in fact, installed. (It is the only result, too)

I did experience mouse and keyboard issues during that boot. My laptop’s keyboard was unresponsive (but the touchpad was working fine) until I moved my wireless mouse.

(I write too much, so the solution is in a blockquote below if that’s all you’re here for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

Hello again folks!! I’m excited to announce that my issues have all been magically solved by simply adding rtsx_pci to a blacklist. Huge thanks to @Bink for sending me in the right direction!! I joined the Asus Linux discord linked on the site Bink shared earlier, and as I was about to make a similar post to this one on the discord, I found another mention of identical issues to mine. From what I understand, something about the microSD card reader on my particular laptop would somehow stall many functions of the device. Thankfully, I don’t use that for much and have an external adapter if I really needed to read a microSD directly, so blacklisting it wasn’t an issue at all, and now everything works incredibly smoothly!

For anyone else dealing with my issue, I can provide the steps that I used. Keep in mind that these might be different based on your boot manager (as far as I can tell.) I am using the default systemd-boot with dracut that comes with the unmodified install options.

Simply reboot your device, but when you reach the boot menu, press e over the kernel you intend to use. Move the cursor all the way to the far end of the new line of editable code that appears, add a space, and type rd.driver.blacklist=rtsx_pci and then press enter! Things should boot as normal and most of these issues will hopefully be solved, assuming you can sacrifice the microSD card reader.

Thanks to everyone who replied here!! You’ve all been super lovely and very welcoming, and I hope you all have wonderful days! :smiley: :purple_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.