My Linux Wishlist

One can hope! I’m actually quite accustomed to no collaboration, too, but sadly, where I work. There are multiple development teams all using Ruby, but only one has a collaborative mindset. The rest just do things their own way without talking to anyone else to see if a particular problem has already been solved. Lots of wheels get reinvented, and it irritates the daylights out of me. Makes me quite sad, actually. But it is what it is.

2 Likes

There isn’t really anything stopping us.

2 Likes

Can someone please edit my title and fix my typo :smiley:

Done with the typo, Dobbie03.
As to the topic, way back, when Antergos was at its peak we contacted Archbang. I think it was a time that they were about to announce the discontinuation of the project due to lack of crew. Antergos, at the same time was developing fast but we also had a handful of developers. I cannot recall the facts well, but the idea of collaboration was turned down.

• BTW, Antergos Openbox was actually based off Archbang.
3 Likes

Thanks @anarch.

Mr Green and I have been in contact over the last year. We have discussed a collaboration and he has been up for it but basically our planets never aligned.

Interesting to know that Antergos OB was based off AB.

2 Likes

Our door is always open to discuss this, if we can collaborate side-by-side sharing knowledge and/or sharing infra-structure can be among those choices for example.

4 Likes

Did that (video) at an ice rink when I was 4 years old. Good thing dad had a hot cup of coffee to pour down my face; otherwise I suspect I would still be there! :rofl:

2 Likes

Been talking with the guys on Telegram this morning, I am feeling super positive about this.

I posted a bit of information at the ArchLabs forum if anyone is interested in a read.

13 Likes

This is an incredible idea! I really hope that it happens.

3 Likes