My first attempt to install gimp i tried to follow these steps

dear community

on a fresh installed notebook i have no gimp so i am currently trying to do a installation. is it a good attempt to install gimp while following these steps.

cf: Trouble installing gimp with pacman

the authors mentioned the following things:

I think it’s just a mirror/pkg issue.

Try sudo pacman -Syy and then

sudo pacman -Syu and then

sudo pacman -S gimp

and then

sudo pacman -Syu

is this correct!? can i do so!?

Have you tried installing it? If not i think you are overthinking it. If you haven’t updated in a while make sure to run the update first. Then just install gimp. :wink:

1 Like

hello dear Ricklinux,

first of all; many many thanks; updated it some hours ago - with these results

see : https://pastebin.com/p4BQG6jg

guess that this is pretty okay - isnt it!?

but on the camping place -(yes i am on vacation right now) the wifi is so bad that i got the following results:

suitesparse-7.0.1-2-x86_64        7,1 MiB  99,2 KiB/s 01:14 [--------------------------------] 100%
 gimp-2.10.34-2-x86_64            13,1 MiB   139 KiB/s 01:36 [--------------------------------] 100%
 Gesamt ( 7/18)                   59,3 MiB   123 KiB/s 08:13 [--------------------------------] 100%
Fehler: Konnte Datei 'suitesparse-7.0.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' nicht von mirror.theo546.fr übertragen : Recv failure: Die Verbindung wurde vom Kommunikationspartner zurückgesetzt
Fehler: Konnte Datei 'gtk2-2.24.33-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' nicht von mirror.theo546.fr übertragen : 
Fehler: Konnte Datei 'gsfonts-20200910-3-any.pkg.tar.zst' nicht von mirror.theo546.fr übertragen : Recv failure: Die Verbindung wurde vom Kommunikationspartner zurückgesetzt
Warnung: zu viele Fehlermeldungen von mirror.theo546.fr, überspringe den Rest des Vorgangs
Fehler: Konnte Datei 'libwmf-0.2.13-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.sig' nicht von mirror.theo546.fr übertragen : Send failure: Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)
Fehler: Konnte Datei 'gimp-2.10.34-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' nicht von mirror.theo546.fr übertragen : Recv failure: Die Verbindung wurde vom Kommunikationspartner zurückgesetzt
Fehler: Konnte Datei 'suitesparse-7.0.1-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' nicht von de.arch.mirror.kescher.at übertragen : 
Fehler: Konnte Datei 'gimp-2.10.34-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' nicht von de.arch.mirror.kescher.at übertragen : 
Warnung: Konnte einige Dateien nicht übertragen
Fehler: Der Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden (Unerwarteter Fehler)
Fehler sind aufgetreten, keine Pakete wurden aktualisiert.
[martin@m-tp ~]$

while followed the above mentioned commands ( in the threadsrart )
well this (see the results) seems to be some accidental thing - now half of Gimp is installed and the ohter half part seems to be missing.

not very good - what to do here.

should i re try it tomorrow with a better internet-connection …!?

look forward to hear from you

regards

Too complicated, you just need to be sure your system is up to date :

sudo pacman -Syu

then install gimp :

sudo pacman -S gimp
1 Like

Yes it looks like it’s not fetched all the packages. So i would try with a better connection and maybe even update the mirrrors first. I don’t think it’s half installed. It just didn’t install because it’s missing all that is needed.

Edit:

Happy Camping! :camping:

1 Like

You’ve also been shown where and how to provide information a bunch of times.

Showing the end failed results are pretty much useless without the entire command you entered. I’m not going to say please anymore cause it’s clearly not working.

Provide useful and complete information for help.

1 Like