Multiple Apps Don't Display Properly

I was having no issues last night updated as usual and now this morning Teams, Spotify and Discord are all over the place and I cannot see a thing. I am using XFCE

Teams:
Discord:
Spotify:

Are all these electron apps?

Discord is. I’m not sure about spotify and teams, but they’re the official packages in the AUR.

Looks like spotify and teams are gtk3 apps. Could it be a gtk3 package/theme issue?

They are all based on chromium, discord is electron and I think teams too, spotify is CEF. Also there are no “official” packages in the aur :wink:

2 Likes

My chromium based web browser vivaldi is working well. That does make a lot of sense though!

Also this looks like some sort of graphics driver problem; what graphics hardware do you use?

My chromium based web browser vivaldi is working well. That does make a lot of sense though!

I see, interesting…

1 Like

It might be that the versions of chromium/electron these apps are compiled in are different.

Good call! It was the graphic drivers! Looks like one of the mesa-git commits broke this.

1 Like

Do you have Intel graphics?

I am using AMD.

Oh really? That’s interesting. Is it because you are using mesa-git package?

Yup, I reverted to mesa so I can do my work, but I will try to find the actual commit so I can report the issue later. It was not my first thought though as it was only 3 applications all from the AUR.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.