200     Corsair 850 Power supply
 25     Optical drive
160     Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
 65     Crucial 500GB SSD
 60     Seagate 5TB Harddisk
    = 745

Total estimated cost for all = 1,148 USD
1 Like

I decided to go with the Ryzen 7 3800X and 32 GB DDR4 3200 G-Skill Ripjaws, RX590 AMD Gigabyte Video Card 8 GB, 650 Watt Gigabyte power supply, MSI X570 AMD Gaming Plus, Western Digital Black 500GB m.2 drive, 500 GB Western Digital Blue SSD, Barracuda 4 TB hard drive, Deep Cool RGB glass front and sided case, no DVD burner. Two 24" Samsung 1 millisecond monitors on HDMI. Itā€™s going to eat my Intel for breakfast! :yum:

1 Like

With this, itā€™s not anymore a computer for Linux but a computer for a shuttle ! :rocket:

Itā€™s a Linux shuttle named Endeavour! :grin:

Edit: I also better get a wifi card. I have an AC1900 which works well as it has the Broadcom chip. Itā€™s an Archer T9E So i could get the same or the AC1200 T6E which would also be good.

By the way, Fedora Linux is used by NASA, as are Debian and Ubuntu.
The European Space Agency has opted for SUSE. CERN points to ā€œScientific Linuxā€ (which derives from ā€œRed Hat Enterpriseā€) and we must not forget the supercomputers used by governments around the world in matters such as weather forecasts, global warming, search for extraterrestrial life or traffic big cities. Linux GNU dominates in 485 of the 500 machines of great computing power, even making possible the study of the next quantum computers.

2 Likes

Wow @ricklinux, thatā€™s some collection of hardware.

1 Like

I thought it was 498 out of the 500? I wonder where Intels Clear Linux will end up. It is very fast but i wish they hadnā€™t used Gnome as the desktop of choice.

The difference is very little ā€¦:wink:

Thanks for the info @Resiliencia, I was refering to the fact that Linux for long time got an image in a lot of minds as an OS for old computer with few RAM or whatever old material then we know that in the reality itā€™s used from super computer and science, biggest university in the world for the most of timeā€¦

1 Like

Did you follow LTT buy guide for this hw combo? :slight_smile:

MSI B450 are practically the same than B350 for the price, for those who donā€™t want spend too much for nothing, I have the MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic and works very wellā€¦

No. i had each hardware part searched and then put it together. I didnā€™t watch LTT, mainly Hardware Unboxed, Gamer Nexus and Hardwarecanucks.

Now, when Iā€™ve posted this info the computer ran the 2200G CPU, which now it is used in my HTPC with similar build. Iā€™ve upraded to 3700X, so it should be enough for some years.

1 Like