Missing libSvtAv1Enc.so: chromium + more stopped working

Since updating earlier today I can’t run several applications (Chromium, OBS). When trying to open from the command line, I get this error:

$ chromium
/usr/lib/chromium/chromium: error while loading shared libraries: libSvtAv1Enc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ obs
obs: error while loading shared libraries: libSvtAv1Enc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I’m on EndeavourOS/DE: Plasma 5.25.1/Kernel: 5.18.5-arch1-1 with extra/chromium 102.0.5005.115-1 installed. I tried installing extra/svt-av1 1.1.0-1 and the git version from the AUR since they contain libSvtAv1Enc.so. I also tried aur/chromium-snapshot-bin, which opens but immediately closes again. I rebooted a couple of times between installations for good measure.

Any ideas?

This happens because you are in a partial upgrade state - either your system isn’t fully updated, or you have replaced ffmpeg with an AUR package that needs to be rebuilt.

6 Likes

Amazing answer. I have ffmpeg-full installed and haven’t updated it since it takes forever to install. Doing it now.

3 Likes

It worked!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.