• Boot a Raspberry Pi4 8G in a Argon ONE M.2 equipped with 500G SSD
  • Transferred the initial sdcard to the SSD using dd
  • Remove of the SD card and reboot
  • Run Endeavouros nstall-script to finalize the initial base setup
  • Cloned my lxqt-kwin repo and setup the system
  • Rebooted and took out some stats
And a screenshot

3 Likes

I’m in process of making a new post with all the metrics including RAM, install size, boot time from DM (I use journalctl for this). I have also documented the user experience.
I’m planning to release it within the next few days.

2 Likes

With the latest refresh of the EnOS scripts, you can now install direct to a SSD. Installing to a uSD then copy to SSD is no longer necessary with the enosLinux-ARM-rpi-aarch64-latest.tar.gz image.

Pudge

2 Likes

I have been running LXQT/Kwin for about two weeks. My only problem is getting the dark modes to work correctly as the colorscheme in KDE applications would have black words on top of black background. I figured out how to fix it by creating my own colorscheme. I use it as I like Kwin’s compositing and effects (i.e. focus of a window flipping the screen in front) whereas I cannot get picom-jonaburg to work on RPI4 as it for some reason does not recognize that glx is installed. I do swap between this setup and XFCE, but tend to come back to LXQT due to the effects.

1 Like

There is a fix for this in the LXQt options.

In qt5ct set standard dialogs to KDE. I had the same issue in the beginning. Now it looks fine

1 Like