Lose Tons of Functionality After Launching League of Legends

When I launch League of Legends I get the notification the compositor has been disabled. I’m assuming this is related to the main issue which is that I lose the ability to use the taskbar and some functionality in other apps, like Konsole, where I can alt+tab to it, but can’t interact with it at all. I can’t click in the menu options, I can’t type in the terminal - nothing.

So this means I basically can’t use the OS at all, which is hugely disappointing for me!

Does anyone know what might be causing this or what sort of logs I can provide that might help solve this issue?

The compositor is being disabled because you are running a game. That is normal.

It probably isn’t what is causing those other problems.

Is the game running full screen in a way that is impacting the desktops ability to get the mouse and keyboard input?

1 Like

No, I don’t believe so. I’m running the League of Legends client without going into a match. The client resolution is 1280 x 720 on a 2560 x 1440 monitor, so you can imagine it’s fairly small in comparison.

Additionally, I have two monitors and some of the programs I’m trying to interact with are on the other monitor, so I don’t think it’s a fullscreen bug issue.

Switch from fulscreen to borderless window in game settings.

2 Likes

I’ll try this as soon as I can get the game to launch after champion select :smiley:

I think you can change that in the game’s config files.

This solved it! thanks for your help :slight_smile:

EDIT: changing the fullscreen to borderless did NOT fix.

1 Like

Those invasive gaming apps!

I spoke too soon D:

The issues abound. I thought changing WindowMode=2 had fixed my primary issue, but it turns out it hasn’t. Strangely, my desktop literally freezes whenever the “issue” occurs. My clock in the taskbar still shows the time it froze, at 4:49pm when it’s now 6:15pm

after closing league, the issue remains. I still can’t interact with my taskbar at all, open my application menu with hotkeys/mouse, and the taskbar still shows the league client being open after closing

I’m at a total loss here

Although you were winning the game?

You might just revoke the solution to this thread, then…

My current plan is to put Endeavour OS on hold til I upgrade my GPU next week with an AMD card. Maybe I’ll have a much better experience then.