Looking for a new Monitor

Over the years, I have also become aware of this, which is why I would never take cheap stuff when it comes to electronic components. But I think you can’t go wrong with DELL. Even EIZO can’t guarantee IPS without glowing, but I would feel a bit uncomfortable with AOC. IMHO!

I’m not into the latest stuff, but I do like to have durable things (if that even still exists in this day and age …).

1 Like

EIZO is truely the king of image editing monitors.
Acer exists since 1976, I think they also know how to build monitors. above i have linked a test from prad. i think for my needs i don’t go wrong with the predator.

I have been wavering between AOC , ACER and LG. after this discussion I am in any case with the Predator.

I just wanted to know what kind of monitor you use and for what purposes

1 Like

my washing machine lasted 39 years. i hope mine new one lasts even half of that time :laughing:

Well, I use it for the usual multimedia stuff, internet, office, music, streaming movies and some basic image editing for hobby purposes. So an allrounder monitor.

1 Like

Hm, mine has now a little over 8 years on it and is getting louder and louder for some time … Scrap company …

1 Like

Same like me…

1 Like

:joy: :joy:

First I got a Samsung - A650 Series 34" LED 1000R Curved WQHD FreeSync Monitor. I was so disappointed that I brought it back to the shop. It’s expensive and totally underwhelming.

Then I got an ultra widescreen from HP x34, I am super happy with it. Beautiful screen, great quality and so much space! And cheaper than curved ultra widescreens.

1 Like

My three brands are Dell, BenQ, and EIZO but I also highly value color accurate displays.

Of those the LG and AOC have the best screen coating, the LG has a faster response time. It has “HDR10” which is tbh marketing BS to say it can tone map an HDR input signal to the monitors color space.

If you have to pick the ones listed in the OP i would go the LG. Afaik they make their own panels along with it seeming to have the overall best specs but tbh really cant tell for certain 100%

EDIT: The Acer is OK also but i would prefer a better screen coating vs 100 extra cd/m2 over the LG. Theyre all 8bit+FRC so theyll likely exceed SRGB spec but id be much more confident in LG producing a more accurate display out of the box.

1 Like

its the same difference, its really not worth differentiating as AMD doesn’t do anything special unlike GSync

1 Like

thank you for your explanation. as always very detailed. All my TV’s are LG and im happy with, so why should i change the brand

I’ve ordered the LG UltraGear 24GN650-B for 178€ shipping costs included.
A quiet good deal for me

Thank you all!

2 Likes

I have an LG TV also so that would have most likely been my pick too.

1 Like

I have an LG TV too, but the Monitor does not have a built-in lg panel.anyway, i think i am well served with it. of course, there are pros and cons for every monitor.
Its my first ‘big’ Monitor with IPS panel and stuff. may it bring me a good time

1 Like

LG make VERY good panels and its hard to go wrong with them in the monitor space. Every Dell ultrasharp I’ve had was an LG panel though I think that line also includes Samsung and AU Optronics now. AU optronics made one of the only 100% SRGB TFT panels I know of so they’re also good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.