Light theme adjustment

I’ve just edited the main colour of the light theme, to a very light grey colour. I don’t use the light theme myself, so I am wondering if the background is too grey for you?

2 Likes

When I was testing the light theme a couple of days ago I kept thinking the white was too bright so from my perspective it looks a lot better now.

2 Likes

I like white themes. I’ve been sitting on dark themes for five years or so before. Tired of it. I know a lot of people don’t like white themes and their eyes hurt. For me, it’s the other way around. My eyes hurt if I have a dark theme. Do not like to read a lot of text with it at all. Gray works!

1 Like

Are the white back?

1 Like

It is still a light grey, this one is two shades lighter than I previously used, I thought the previous one might be too grey for light theme users.
Do you prefer the other one?

2 Likes

Why is it not a new theme? I guess if a lot of people complain it’s fine, it’s just me.

1 Like

The light grey background looks nice, but all the text ought to be black. Dark grey text on light grey background should be avoided at any cost, that’s just bad for the eyes.

grey_on_grey

With the dark theme, there is no such problem:

grey_on_grey_dark

1 Like

That is a default setting on Discourse, I still don’t know how to change that one. On the dark theme, it turns into white automatically.
Every discourse forum I checked has that light grey font.

1 Like

Could you explain what you mean, I’m not understanding it.
I adjusted the main white field because people were saying it was too bright and now I’m asking for feedback from light theme users what they prefer.

Unless I’m mistaken, I think @SimonJ is suggesting you make two separate light themes: white and light grey.

Personally, I think dark should be the default, and light optional. The dark theme is much better, in my opinion (even when trying to not take into account that I prefer dark themes).

2 Likes

Okay, but I’m just fixing the bright settings. It is only the main field I’m fixing until I found one everyone can live with.

1 Like

The dark theme was the default for some time but I changed it back after a lot of complaints. Personally, I also think the dark theme makes more sense, especially with the standard (unchangeable?) light grey fonts on the forum.
But as you might have noticed from reactions here, the light theme is a favourite.

4 Likes

I’m not using the dark theme myself. But I don’t complain either. :laughing:

2 Likes

I like this one better!

1 Like