Liftoff for the net-installer!

It is at least released. I’m glad I was able to help with some testing ISO. Let’s go for a ride, now :smiley:

5 Likes

Downloaded and seeding the torrent. Let’s see what we’ve got!

5 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Seeding aswell. DL took 3 minutes, with 6 peers. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

T1

FYI - If you are having issues testing this in VirtualBox I was able to get around loading the ISO by disabling 3d acceleration. Here are my settings:

The solution for the last VirtualBox to get 256Mo with VboxSVGA is here

1 Like

Promises made, Promises kept.

Good work and effort EndeavourOS team and helpers.

p,s. fun to see Eric Adams here – see him weekly on Big Daddy Linux

6 Likes

I am testing the new installer on vmware to see how it performs. From the code viewed on github it is done properly. Congratulations guys.

6 Likes

Download from Alpix mirror from France very fast. Here the minimum speed, and lot often at 1.1Mo/s. :rocket:

download_speed

2 Likes

1GB fiber. I don’t notice the difference at all.

3 Likes

We don’t play at the same level, I’m still on ADSL, they are still building the Fiber in the city… :raised_hand:

1 Like

The important thing is that the fiber bring it to your city. Because today we are interconnected and the requested connection speed is always higher.

1 Like

I’ve been lurking. :smile: I bug Bryan from time to time on Telegram but I’ve been lax in participating on the forum. I’ll try to jump in more often. :+1:

I’m on vacation with a slooooooow connection. I miss my 500 MB connection. :grin:

3 Likes

From Germany this looks like this :wink:
And the second one is the Github download - just for comparison. :wink:

1 Like

I noticed that the service of the open-vm-tools the first time you do the restart must be forced with a restart at the new login. This is due to the fact that systemd’s ability to something does not make it run properly. I think it’s a systemd problem with open-vm-tools. I will try to understand what afflicts him and in case I release the patch.

3 Likes

Dear Bryan,

For a particular reason I need to re-install EndeavourOS onto one of my computers. As I am writing this, I am downloading (via Torrent) the new installer.

I do not want the programs eos-welcome, eos-update-notifier, and reflector-auto on this computer (I do not have them on any of the other computers on which I have EndeavourOS installed).

Will there be any problem to the rest of the (new) system if I remove (uninstall) these three programs after installation?

Thank you.

Lawrence

The alpix mirror works well to the west coast of the US, too. It took about 11 minutes.

I was curious and thought I’d give it a try.

1 Like

No, you simply lose what they have to offer. Your system should work fine also without them.

Is this faster or slower than github for you?