Librewolf is stuck in middle of screen

I can resize, minimize, and maximize window, but can not move it with mouse. It s just librewolf too. any other window I can move all around. It s like librewolf doesn t detect the mouse or something. Is this normal?

I’m going to say no. For what it’s worth, it works normally over here–I can move Librewolf hither and thither just like any other window.

If you hold down the meta/super key and left-click on the window (anywhere), does it move?

My AUR librewolf has moments where it freezes–usually when I have a lot going on. I have to open htop and Kill it, then relaunch it. Maybe twice a week.

No not normal, but hasn’t been a thorn in my side either. If this is constant/daily (you never said)I would remove the AUR package or reinstall it. I, myself use AUR called librewolf-bin with little fuss. Flatpak usually pretty sound, too.

I booted it up today, and it moves again. Not sure what the problem was. I changed several work space settings thinking that may help. No idea it it did though.

I got mine from aur also. Can I get it from somewhere else?

flatpak librewolf is stable to me–I use it another macnine

also (extensions edited out)—
yay -Ss librewolf

ur/librewolf-kde-appmenu 121.0-1 (+2 0.01) (Out-of-date: 2024-03-16) 
    Community-maintained fork of Firefox, focused on privacy, security and freedom. KDE-appmenu applied
aur/librewolf-hg 92.0a1.r655136.a8a4dfcadce5-1 (+2 0.00) (Out-of-date: 2024-03-19) 
    Community-maintained fork of Firefox, focused on privacy, security and freedom. (nightly edition)
aur/librewolf-bin 125.0.3-1.1 (+350 15.74) (Installed)
    Community-maintained fork of Firefox, focused on privacy, security and freedom.
aur/librewolf 125.0.3-1 (+121 1.85) 
    Community-maintained fork of Firefox, focused on privacy, security and freedo

When the ‘freeze’ happens to me, if I can manage to see Sys Monitor, its looks like browser processes spawning or just chewing up memory…I wonder if other people’s builds are different in some way?

At the end of the day I’d go with the flatpak. But the librewolf-bin has been good to me.

I’ve been using librewolf-bin and it has been rock solid on my machine.

2 Likes