Latest update of openssh to 8.2p1-1 breaks KDE Connect

The openssh update today (8.1p1-4 → 8.2p1-1) broke the ability to open the file system on android with dolphin and KDE Connect. All folders remain locked protected. Error is:
kconnect_error
The shortterm solution is to downgrade openssh.

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/openssh-8.1p1-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
2 Likes

After the Firefox issue, it has been at least a week or 10 days since I updated. Between Firefox, Mesa, and now openssh it may be another week or ten days before I update. :confused:

Pudge :mask:

Thanks for pointing us to this issue. This ist what a community is about.

Openssh has just been updated to 8.2p1-3 Not sure if it fixes the issue?

According to this link/ advisory, it looks like 8.2p1-3 restarts the daemon automatically. Otherwise, it looks like a manual restart may be required. Not sure if this solves the KDE Connect issue, but thought I’d point it out in case you hadn’t seen it yet. Does this help?

edit: add link
https://www.archlinux.org/news/sshd-needs-restarting-after-upgrading-to-openssh-82p1/

I’m not sure but you may be right. I just mentioned they put another update out.

I just upgraded and the newer openssh-8.2p1-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst version and it does not work with dolphin. So the problem seems deeper than an openssh restart. There is another KDE Connect openssh problem reported on Reddit today:
kdeconnect and sshfs key exchange problem

Someone filed a bug report against kdeconnect this morning:
Bug 417787 - sshfs key exchange methods deprecated

The Android app offers ssh key exchange using diffie-hellman-group14-sha1 and diffie-hellman-group1-sha1. In the newest version of openssh the former was removed from the defaults, the latter has been disabled for a while. This results in kdeconnect not being able to create a connection using sshfs.

I see another update to KDE connect so maybe that is the fix?

1 Like

@ricklinux it appears that the kdeconnect 1.4-2 released today fixes (or works around) the openssh bug. kdeconnect and dolphin now work as advertised with android phones.

1 Like