KDE plasma has weird behavior after update and reboot

It’s not only the panel but also some plasma elements that are broken. like appbars or right click in plasma environment :cry:

I use a dark them and have the same issues but have found that if I switch to the Breeze-Dark theme everything returns but if I switch to a new theme they go away again…

Could it be that the issue appears with some themes? I don’t have this bug either and I’m running the Sweet theme with Tela purple dark icons.

1 Like

Once the bug appeared. it will appear no matter the theme. Even if we go back to installation settings

Breeze appears to have the issue for me. Switching to Breeze Dark has (so far) been working correctly.

I have KDE installed on stock Arch and just use Breeze, no issues on both fresh install or an updated install. Sorry.

Do you have 2 monitors?

1 Like

I do have 2 monitors yes, but here is another observation, if I chose a different theme and check “Choose what to apply” and make sure the ‘Windows Decorations’ box is not checked, it allows me to change the theme to what I wanted.

Do a test, when you are logged in, disconnect the cable from the secondary monitor, log out, log back in, and connect the monitor. If it works, it is a bug that will not take long to fix

1 Like

While you are correct on a single monitor it seems to work correctly, but when the second monitor is plugged in, the window decorations go away again :slight_smile:

It works. Seems like plugin a monitor during startup make the bug appears but if I plug the monitor after the login, it works. This bug appears on my laptop but not on my tower PC may this be related?

For me, it doesn’t go away. Maybe there is something else. Should we raise a bug issue to the endeavouros team?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.