KDE plasma 6 issues?

Just wondering, how do I get my home folders off of the Desktop screen without deleting them? I started having issues with wallpaper today and then somehow my home folders ended up on the desktop. I also had 453 wallpapers on my desktop. Driving me crazy. . . . I was setting up my wallpapers from a folder in my home directory in a folder called ‘wallpaper’. I’m just about ready to dump KDE and go back to Cinnamon for good.

Rich;)

1 Like

What does it show here (right click on the desktop → configure desktop &wallpaper)
Also setting a wallpaper from the folder is not working properly at the moment, wallpapers set this way will not be after a reboot

I’ve been through this on this particular menu. . . .it doesn’t work. Guess I’m going back to ‘Cinnamon’. So much for KDE’s big release. I was running my wallpapers from a folder as a slideshow with a 1 minute interval that was changing by desktop background from minute to minute. It seemed to work well for a while until I had issues with everything popping up on my desktop (i.e. home folders. . . .). Nothing I could do would get them off of the desktop without deleting them which in turn deleted them in my home folder also. . . . What garbage.

Rich;)

I really don’t know what else could be causing this issue then.
Just had a thought as I was typing this, what is in this folder, you can find it under home

Problem solved. . . back on Cinnaomon. . . .I’ll give KDE another year before I give it a spin.

Rich;)

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with Cinnamon. I run that too on one of my laptops using Wayland also.

1 Like

It’s actually the only DE I’ve had success with on Wayland. Though their implementation is based on the mistakes of others and trying to avoid those, so that makes sense, I guess?

I did try Gnome Wayland a long while back, though, so it’s possible that would work on my device as well now.

I don’t really have any issues with Kde on wayland. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Lady Luck and good maintenance is on your side.

I would have to say the majority of my issues aren’t with KDE on Wayland, rather other programs but since both updated at the same time alot of people seem to be focusing on the KDE update as being the issue. I also have had minimal issues that take less than 5 10 minutes to fix or workaround as solutions are being worked on.

1 Like

I think a lot of issues with $USER data - did our OP try this on a new TEST user?

Also, just old habits… like Easystroke (no gestures on Wayland, boohoo) which I discovered recently is entirely the issue that stopped my Meta key launching my menu some time into the session… so now I’m trying to survive just using Gesturefly for Firefox and getting used to more keyboard shortcuts.

Some regressions though, I swear that you used to be able to ascribe certain actions to corners - but now there’s no ‘custom’ action - is that new?

Nah they went back to Cinnamon by the looks of things.

With the other stuff even when I had a laptop I don’t use any of those sort of customisations so I can’t say

1 Like