Its an Arch + Imac question Sorry!

It’s fairly straightforward, though slightly tedious, to make your EndeavourOS install look as if it were Arch.

Using pacman, uninstall every package from the endeavouros repo.

Then edit your /etc/pacman.conf to remove the endeavouros repo.

Reinstall the packages lsb-release and filesystem.

neofetch should now say you’re using Arch.

There will still be EndeavourOS residue on your machine. You might want to clean all the caches and delete the log files. To be sure, grep recursively for all files that contain the string endeavouros and systematically remove them or edit them, one by one. This might be more work than installing Arch, but it’s fairly foolproof.

Also, don’t go on Arch forum to ask for help, they’ll figure you out quickly, especially if you’re using Dracut and soystemd-boot. Understandably, they’ll be upset with you. :rofl:

2 Likes

At the grave risk of self-promotion, you could try my Ezarcher respin of Arch Linux. A quick search on sourceforge will give you the project.

You might also try this

Or Calam or ALCI

Long time ago I installed Linux on a Macbook (or something similar). The only way to get internet access to work, was to tether my phone with usb cable to the machine and use the phone as a hot spot. For some reason while installing, I was able to connect to internet, but not after installation was finished.

So I had to sue the hot spot method to install broadcom drivers IF I remember correctly. You might need to go through something similar to be able to do the installation.

@Carp

interesting thread… update on your progress be nice :innocent:

the goal would be to not need to reinstall i think… not because arch is to hard to install but running on mac hardware needs to setup things…
Also true the procedure to remove EndeavourOS is not much easier.

I believe I have managed to do it.
Got the IMac running perfect now with a clean install of Arch.
I am sorry for the delay posting only I have been busy installing a remote network for a local business.
I will keep this simple.
I bought a USB wifi adapter in picture from amazon for under £2 delivered.
It showed as wlan0 and allowed me to connect to a network. No issues there.
Installed a fresh install of Arch and then configured the WiFi and Lan built into the mac after I was up and running. It really was not hard to get the onboard stuff working after Arch was in.
Thanks for all the suggestions I had to try the easy ways first.
Took about a hour in total to install and get the onboard wifi and lan going.
Thanks again

5 Likes

With all the trial and error this has caused me lately LOL
I even made the change to Arch again in my own day to day computer.
I believe I have built a nice little system with the stuff I want installed and know how stuff got there now in full. LOL
No disrespect in any way to EndevourOS as to be honest its the best stepping stone in the world and its full of ideas on how you might want to build your personalized system.
I really hope I can help answer some members questions in the future now I stumbled upon my little easy way.
Thanks again everyone.
neofetch

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.