It takes forever to update system

no i use able to torrent family guy season 1-8 earlier in like 20 minutes at the same time as it was taking for ever to update

1 Like

the speeds are normal now btw

How did you verify this if the system is already updated, that is no packages to download?

there was a package to download an it downloaded normal speed the system is back to normal

@pebcak @ricklinux so are we assuming glitchy mirrors here? It seems like a short lived thing. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I would assume so unless the OP disabled IPv6 and that did it.

Edit: This is a known issue with ath10k sometimes. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thats what i thought it was just figured i would ask

1 Like

I didnā€™t touch WiFi Settings just wanted to update

1 Like

No, they most assuredly donā€™t. They arenā€™t a moody child. Itā€™s almost always due to the end user doing something they shouldnā€™t.

You may however find this helpful. If not, good luck.

3 Likes

Iā€™m probably way off target, but worth checking.

I see youā€™re updating using yay. Does it take this long when you update with pacman?

Could it be that youā€™re just compiling a huge package from the AUR, like a web browser?

Can you post your

pacman -Qm

please?

3 Likes

I doubt it would be a package compiling - seems more likely a mirror or ISP issue. I know on my end here whenever they do work on the tower near my place I have trouble updating but I am able to download and use the internet - itā€™s still slower than normal but not at a speed thats unusable.

The OP said itā€™s working properly. Must have been a mirror issue. :man_shrugging: