It takes forever to update system

no i use able to torrent family guy season 1-8 earlier in like 20 minutes at the same time as it was taking for ever to update

the speeds are normal now btw

How did you verify this if the system is already updated, that is no packages to download?

there was a package to download an it downloaded normal speed the system is back to normal

@pebcak @ricklinux so are we assuming glitchy mirrors here? It seems like a short lived thing. :man_shrugging:

I would assume so unless the OP disabled IPv6 and that did it.

Edit: This is a known issue with ath10k sometimes. :man_shrugging:

Thats what i thought it was just figured i would ask

I didn’t touch WiFi Settings just wanted to update

No, they most assuredly don’t. They aren’t a moody child. It’s almost always due to the end user doing something they shouldn’t.

You may however find this helpful. If not, good luck.

I’m probably way off target, but worth checking.

I see you’re updating using yay. Does it take this long when you update with pacman?

Could it be that you’re just compiling a huge package from the AUR, like a web browser?

Can you post your

pacman -Qm

please?

I doubt it would be a package compiling - seems more likely a mirror or ISP issue. I know on my end here whenever they do work on the tower near my place I have trouble updating but I am able to download and use the internet - it’s still slower than normal but not at a speed thats unusable.

The OP said it’s working properly. Must have been a mirror issue. :man_shrugging: