Intel i7-9750H Compatibility Linux Kernels

How would I be able to tell Linux Kernel compatibility levels with a certain processor such as the Intel i7-9750H?

I’m looking into buying a LENOVO_MT_20QN_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad P53 and am wondering what I should pay attention in regards to Linux Compatibility.

LENOVO_MT_20QN_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad P53 has a Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA Quadro T2000 graphics card. I know that people frequently have issues with dual Graphics Cards, so I’ll be hunting around the forum for these two.

I suspect you need not worry about the i7-9750H. Intel CPUs generally have wide support. Also, that is a previous generation CPU so it should be supported in any commonly available kernel.

I would focus on the NVIDIA Quadro T2000 support. That might warrant a bit more research.

3 Likes

Here is this model Lenovo running the Intel 630 and Nvidia Quadro T2000

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lenovo_ThinkPad_P1_(Gen_2)

1 Like

Wow, thanks. A lot of good information here.
Thunderbolt is unknown. That is something I’ve not messed around with on Linux.

EDIT: Well this is hopeful
:innocent:

I just see it shows the Nvidia Quadro T2000 works on Arch according to what i am seeing. I know dual graphics is a a bit of a pain to set up but we have some tools on here that help.

1 Like

Thunderbolt works REALLY well in my experience. My work laptop has it, and I’ve not experienced any issues using it, even though the TB16’s we were using at first (have since moved to WD19TB’s) were giving the Windows Dev’s no ends of issues.

1 Like

Could I tell what kind of package this graphics driver would need from this Arch Wiki?
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU117GLM [Quadro T2000 Mobile / Max-Q] (rev a1)

yeah, there’s days of topics for dual GPUs on a few forums, shouldn’t be a problem finding answer if I run into any problems.

That’s the CPU in my Dell XPS 15 and runs fine.

1 Like

You can tell from the nvidia driver download page. Looks like it is supported by the latest nvidia drivers(and probably older ones too)

3 Likes

I know that EndeavourOS has a pretty good wiki for setting up dual graphics with Intel 630 & Nvidia. We also have some experts here on this.

3 Likes