Installing Huion and Wacom Tablet Drivers on KDE Plasma

I have a Huion H640P Drawing Tablet, I found that it worked out of the box after plugging it in, however because I have Dual monitors the drawing tablet was spanned across both monitors which is not what I prefer and I could not find any way to change this in the Plasma system settings.

To resolve this go into a terminal and type:

yay kcm-wacomtablet

Which appears to install the Graphic Tablet Module under Input Device in Plasma System Settings
After this I went to the Graphics Tablet settings and it did not recognise my tablet so I then tried installing the Huion Tablet Drivers:

yay digimend-kernel-drivers

This unfortunately did not recognise the tablet in the settings either

To get it to recognise my tablet I first checked my tablets Vid and Pid by typing

lsusb

in a terminal Which displayed a list of usb devices connected to my PC:

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 256c:006d HUION Huion Tablet_H640P

I noted down the VID (256c) and PID (006d)
and created a conf file named: 50-tablet.conf in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ that contains the following:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Tablet"
Driver "wacom"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
MatchUSBID "VID:PID"

(An easy way I found to do this was to browse to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ in Dolphin then hit Shift + F4 which will open a terminal in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ then type

sudo touch 50-tablet.conf

and open that with kate then paste in the contents above, be sure to replace VID:PID with the ones shown in your terminal after running lsusb)

Save the conf file and restart your system.
Then go back into System settings > Input Devices > Graphic Tablet and you should see something similar to what it shows in this link
https://apps.kde.org/wacomtablet/

Now you can configure settings for your drawing tablet and draw to your hearts content.
I was able to find a setting that allowed me to toggle the tablet to only be used on the monitor of my choice.
A great application to use to draw stuff on linux is Krita.

For anyone having trouble getting their Huion tablet working on EndeavourOS Here are some more resources:

Hopefully this helps someone out there. If anyone knows more about how to unlock more settings for drawing tablets like increasing the speed in which the pen draws on the screen or anything else to do with configuring drawing tablets on linux, feel free to share.

4 Likes