Install Ubuntu, Run Arch 😜

One of those projects you think cannot be true: “eccentric” and quite interesting.

:warning:
If you use it and loose it, it all is your own fault :wink:

9 Likes

Definitely.

Well, that’s debatable :laughing:.

7 Likes

I don’t get it, i can’t understand why people, that want to run pure arch, in many cases don’t seem to be willing to read 20-30 lines of text to install it or use the official archinstall script. If you’re not willing to do this, perhaps pure arch isn’t the distro you want. There are options with less afford needed to run a stable linux based system, perhaps not even arch based.

Don’t get me wrong I love using arch and arch based distros, but if you want linux the easy way, there’re alternatives.

And yes I’m running EOS, I do because I like the community of EOS, you can’t find this mood in the arch forums.

7 Likes

Everything in /bin, /boot, /etc, /lib, /lib64, /sbin, /srv, /usr and /var will be permanently removed. Other directories will not be affected at all, and no partitions will be formatted.

Regardless of how effective it is, that would make me so nervous. Definitely back up your data first.

But, if you’re putting that kind of effort into it, why not just install Arch???

2 Likes

Although the script appears promising, it also comes with significant drawbacks. :grimacing:

Don’t worry, it doesn’t touch your home directory :smiley:

I got nothing in home. It’s empty! :laughing:

2 Likes
const controversial = .setRequired('arch-in-ubuntu');

console.log("they cannot pair with eachother")

Why locale is set to en_US.UTF-8?

Because you should never use any language other than English in any interface on any of your devices.

Um…okaaay…:eyes:

6 Likes

3 Likes

Good heavens! It’s not even the King’s English :uk: but that degenerate offspring :us: What a bounder and a cad this gentleman is!

2 Likes

You will use ze Arch Linux and be happy!

2 Likes

Kinda stupid, but funny. It just moves the old stuff in a directory, installs arch and copies minimal amount of configs. It’s a meme.
It would be more interesting if somehow installs most of the same programs, copies their configs and the boot screen so the user wouldn’t notice instantly that their system was switched. Otherwise pretty useless, and it might cause some problems down the line.

4 Likes