Install media wont boot

Just tried to install Endeavour. It searched through drives came up with an error message. It said unable to log into TTY and thats it. I just has a blank screen terminal with no access to anything.

Not sure i understand you? Does it boot on the live ISO? I assume you mean it installed but it doesn’t boot up to a desktop just a blank screen? Did you disable secure boot in the Bios? Maybe you can boot on the live ISO and provide the hardware info if you have internet. Post the url for this command.

inxi -Faz | eos-sendlog

no the Live ISO doesnt boot

Still needs some info to be able to help :wink: like how you do create the install media and if secure boot and fastboot is disabled, may also needed to disable CSM aka legacy Bios settings in Bios for the Harddrive and USB

Install media is a Ventoy formatted USB stick. Which is what I used the last time I installed Endeavour So that should work. I also used it to install Manajro, Garuda and OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.

Secureboot and Fastboot is disabled.

Im not sure about CSM. The BIOS isnt exactly straight forward. It has a lod of cryptic setting is a bunch of sub menus.

The error message I get is the following.

Mounting '/dev/disk/by-label/EOS_202401' to 'run/archiso/bootmnt'
Waiting 30 seconds for device /dev/disk/by-label/EOS_202401 ...
ERROR:  '/dev/disk/by-label/EOS_202401' device did not show up after 30 seconds ...

you do update ventoy files on that stick?
And ventoy can have an issue if you do not sync filechanges fully after copy ISO to the stick. by running sync in a terminal on linux or use filemanager to properly unmount the stick after copy ISO to it.

this happens in such case when ISO is not fully written to the stick…
On some devices this can take up to 10 Minutes…

1 Like

Updating ventoy on the stick did it. Thank you very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.