Install is stalling out at 8% - Updating Trust Database

I am trying to install EndeavourOS using the online installer. The installer is stalling out at 8% while trying to “Update Trust Database.” It has been this way for an 1.5 hours. It happened during an install attempt earlier today as well.

I was having some trouble getting connected to the internet and getting the list of packages earlier today, but I found a post on here about disabling IPv6 and that seemed to help with some of the connectivity issues. I was able to see the list of packages in the online installer at least. Does updating the trust database require an internet connection? Perhaps the hang-up is due to a slow connection on my end?

Hello @franz_lyre

Please boot on the live ISO again and update the mirrors first before starting the installer. Hope that works. It does take a while at the 8% mark but shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes to install.

1 Like

Thank you! I tried that and was able to get the install to go through. I’m typing this from a fresh KDE desktop.

2 Likes

@franz_lyre
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for giving EndeavourOS a try. I hope you enjoy your time here.

You have already experienced how friendly and helpful the forum is.

Pudge

1 Like