Input lag on desktop

My keyboard and mouse inputs (mostly mouse) seem very laggy and I honestly don’t know what to do about it or what causes it

I am using Gnome on Wayland but the issue exists on Xorg too and on i3wm too so I doubt its just a gnome thing

here are the logs:
https://clbin.com/UVzs4

any help would be appreciated

Was it still laggy after you rebooted?
I noticed a a lagging as you described after the last kernel update. I rebooted and it seems to have improved. I run Gnome 42 with xorg

Just booted it again rn and it works fine but it has been happening for a few days. Sometimes it works just fine, sometimes it decides to fuck with me. I don’t know what’s causing it. Additionally, suspend never works. It just goes to black screen. Even the keyboard is unresponsive. Only option is to press the powerbutton and manually shut it down. Not sure if that is related at all but thought it was worth mentioning

I booted it again now and the lag is back, it is so incredibly infuriating and I have no idea why it is happening

That should never be the option. If you think you have problems now, wait until your filesystem gets corrupted, on top of everything else.

Instead, enable the Magic SysRq key, and use it to gracefully reboot after the computer has apparently frozen.

4 Likes

thanks but can I get a more permanent solution to the suspend problem, the lag issue is solved, I believe it happens after improper shutdown

I don’t see any drivers installed for Nvidia. It doesn’t even show Nouveau open source.

Device-2: NVIDIA GM107M [GeForce GTX 960M] vendor: Hewlett-Packard driver: N/A arch: Maxwell
    pcie: speed: 8 GT/s lanes: 8 bus-ID: 01:00.0 chip-ID: 10de:139b

Edit: I do see some error info issues with the touch pad too. Not sure if they are affecting the mouse.