Initial boot screen terminal dialog missing?

This is interesting and unusual for me. . . My computer boots up with the terminal dialog missing that checks and says ‘OK’ as it scrolls down the hardware and running compatibility listings. . . the screen is blank until the EndeavourOS logo screen comes on with the log on-in menu. If I want to get into the computer ‘BIOS’ by hitting delete repeatedly I’m not sure where the system is and it seems to just stall with the monitor being blank. I rebooted the computer several times with the same problems. Other than that it comes up like this when it boots up everytime. Straight into the login menu nothing in between letting me see what’s happening. Any Idea’s what or how this can be rectifed? I’m clueless how this happened.

Rich :wink:

Can you share the output of cat /proc/cmdline

[richardc@richard-AM4 ~]$ cat /proc/cmdline
initrd=\94680d0d1a04418da0105d6925c77a99\6.6.1-arch1-1\initrd nvme_load=YES nowatchdog rw root=UUID=98e1af5e-d2b4-40dd-981e-45e9624272fa nvidia-drm.modeset=1 systemd.machine_id=94680d0d1a04418da0105d6925c77a99
[richardc@richard-AM4 ~]$

Rich :wink:

That seems fine.

:thinking:

I have a graphics tablet plugged into my system and it’s turned off. I’ve gone in system settings into ‘display’ and that’s where the issue begins. The system wants to boot up into the tablet and the desktop monitor wants to mirror portal 1 (tablet) and the monitor is connected into another video card port a uni-directional ‘HDMI’ port 2. So if the table is turned off I won’t see anything until the monitor screen mirrors the log in screen on the tablet. Weird I guess.

Rich;) I guess I’m not too familiar with multiple monitor connections and which one has priority.