I'm limotux, Just Saying Hi! Hope I'm Welcome!

I can be sure NO!
If you check the first post, I’m an old man, been away from Linux since 2013, and first time on Arch system, 4 days only on Endeavour, 2 days on XFCE, 6 hrs. on BTRFS.

So trust me, I say it confidently, I for sure know nothing much, or precisely know nothing.

But I hope I am learning.

If you are older than 70 then you are older than me… :wink:

Nop, I’m much younger Uncle @manyroads :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:, I’m just 60 but still teen in my heart :wink:

Speaking as a formerly young person… I welcome young at heart and physically young folks. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey, we are in the same boat. I used to be young for 50 years, then…
Really glad to meet you. :+1: :+1: :+1:

I’m sure you will enjoy it here.
The guys here are amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

More or less yes. Obviously depending on what you remove maybe to rollback you have to boot a live environment (if you system is not bootable anymore) but you can then use a prior snapshot to boot with and your system will be as good as before your modification.
Just choose well what @subvolume to snapshot ;). There are also a couple of very good thread here about it. If you cannot find those I’ll link them here tonight when I’m home.

1 Like

Thank you @ParanoidNemo , and please accept my apologies for late reply.
As you know I’ve been struggling KDE Plasma, XFCE, tried Gnome,… so all yesterday I reinstalled Endeavour like 3 times :astonished: till I’m settled and strangely working perfect as Linux should be. Almost 24 hours now :partying_face:

Finally I could get TimeShift to take regular snapshots… so now I can boot to any earlier snapshot!

I really can;t understand why my laptop didnt like KDE Plasma and is OK with LXQT though I’m using KDE apps on LXQT! :astonished:

Please, again, accept my apologies for late reply. I was busy installing and tweaking my naughty (as me) laptop.

Not a problem at all. Mine was just a suggestion based on my limited experience with btrfs. That being said glad to hear that now everything works for you :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @ParanoidNemo
Unfortunately the naughty me is taking it as a challenge.
I just reinstalled KDE Plasma (basic not full), I will keep trying to get it to behave and obey me! Computers are made to obey us, not us to obey them. (At least till now, we don’t know what will happen in the future with robots with AI​:thinking:)

:sweat_smile: The imagination runs wild…

1 Like

What GPU are you using? Maybe Hybrid/Optimus? Are you using X11 or Wayland with KDE/Plasma?
Some questions to answer before help can be granted. :wink:

1 Like

If you install KDE the trick is to leave it alone. I have zero issues with KDE but i don’t try to morph it into something else. You don’t need to tweak it. You don’t need to mess with it. It just works.

1 Like

I never give up… I believe it’s done this time (hopefully). Maybe installing LXQT then KDE… mmm… I can’t understnd! Maybe LXQT had a special setting perhaps somewhere! That’s beyond my humble knowledge.

I never had such situation before. I’ve been on KDE since 2000 till 2013, never had such issue.

Well, I dont think my machine though 10 yrs old is that weak.

CPU: Dual Core Intel Core i5-3210M (-MT MCP-) speed/min/max: 1486/1200/3100 MHz Kernel: 5.14.7-arch1-1 x86_64 Up: 1h 33m 
Mem: 1211.2/3772.8 MiB (32.1%) Storage: 465.76 GiB (13.6% used) Procs: 196 Shell: Bash inxi: 3.3.05 
Graphics:  Device-1: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel 
           Device-2: Acer Lenovo Integrated Webcam type: USB driver: uvcvideo 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.13 driver: loaded: intel unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa 
           resolution: 1366x768~60Hz 
           Message: Unable to show advanced data. Required tool glxinfo missing. 

Sometimes, you know, computers do funny things, though I know it is not supposed to be.
Maybe I did something while trying to install a software or set it up that causes this.

I still suspect it is all in how you hold your mouth… perhaps that (your mouth setting) influences the cosmic radiation flooding through your home, and that is what upsets your computer…

Maybe karma has a physical basis? Quick - let’s get a research grant!

Yes, there is academia in my background

Sure, I can see. :rofl:
I think, maybe because I’ve been away from Linux since 2013 and just returned, I see a lot has changed. Maybe I am dealing with it with my pre 2013 knowledge which I see won’t fit.
Mostly I did something while installing a software or so that is not supposed to be done. I’m sure it is my fault in any case. :blush:
I remember I tried to play with Snapper… when I Installed last time fresh install, XFCE then LXQT, then KDE now, I didn’t install or touch Snapper (too complicated for me), just using TimeShift and it’s taking snapshots of the system on its own.

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Now I am celebrating One Full Weak on Endeavour.
This the longest a distro lasted with me since I returned back to Linux like a month ago.
You know what, I’m here to stay! Forever!
To stay with a wonderful community and a wonderful distro.
:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

I wish there is a way to meet you all guys and celebrate!

1 Like

Just to update you guys, I believe I got the criminal, it’s Baloo I think (Just deduction, but I am not that techie to get the tool used in the crime with Baloo’s fingerprints!)

So I made a thread here.

Now I am celebrating One Full Week without reinstalling and two weeks on Endeavour.
This the longest a distro lasted with me since I returned back to Linux like a month ago.
You know what, I’m here to stay! Forever!
To stay with a wonderful community and a wonderful distro.

I wish there is a way to meet you all guys and celebrate!