If Anyone Wants a New Inexpensive Computer, Here is One to Consider

Yup, I’d have to join the club in having too much. Currently 1 desktop, 8 laptops (Thinkpad T14 AMD, Thinkpad T495, Latitude 7410 2-in-1, Latitude 7400, Latitude 7490, Latitude 3500, Inspiron 5485, Gemibook Pro), a Chromebook (HP Chromebook 13G1), and a NAS.

To make this reply SLIGHTLY more on topic, I will say if someone’s looking for an inexpensive LAPTOP, the GemiBook Pro is AMAZING for the price. ~$450 MSRP, regularly on sale $400. 16GB ram (soldered lpddr4x), 2 m.2 2280 SATA slots (1 easily accessible) comes with a single 512GB SSD, 2160x1440 resolution, 10-watt actively cooled Celeron J4125 (quad core 4 thread desktop celeron Gemini Lake Refresh). No, not amazingly powerful CPU, but the extra few watts make a big difference compared to the 6-watt mobile versions. I absolutely love mine.

3 Likes

Thanks for the offer. I am not going to upgrade this computer because it is being used strictly as a media center computer and its standard configuration is perfectly adequate for that pupose.

Perhaps there is someone else reading this thread who would be able to take advantage of your offer.

Thank you very much.

Lawrence

Worn as earrings, or a brooch maybe? :grin:

1 Like

#geekwomansheek

6 Likes

I have that USB NIC for work!!

1 Like

That looks like an old sewing machine box?

1 Like

looks like #geekwomansheek to me :slight_smile:
also its much too small to fit a sewing machine in there

Nice little Art Nouveau box, late, did you replace the hinges?
Would look nice with some wax. What does the top of the lid look like?

1 Like

When I was in the shelter 12 years back a lady donated the items so I snatched it up. It’s needed reglued at the top of the front to both sides since before it came to me

1 Like

Wow from the side it looked like a naive or late Art Nouveau box for what ever. But the lid closed with the carving wrapping around the case, Very nice ! Not Art Nouveau, later maybe '40’s. 1940. More Copacabana 'esk.

Thanks for the second post LizzziAS.
Wax and enjoy it…

Is that an inverted Victorian garden table supporting the glass?
Never mind sorry for the OT.

2 Likes

Have you seen ServeTheHome Project TinyMiniMicro? Quite interesting.

target

1 Like

I spent $212 for a used Lenovo ThinkPad T420S. Incredibly, the old veteran arrived in almost factory-fresh condition. The keypad is a gift from God, I have learned to love the “nub” mouse stick, and the display is well–um–serviceable. Even the hinge is still tight. It dual-boots Windows & MX like it was born for it, and if I’m ever assaulted, it will make a sturdy bludgeon for self defense.

3 Likes

I now cannot use laptops without one.

2 Likes

I used to love them, anymore I find that I have a hard time using them because I went so long with laptops that didn’t have them. Although several of mine I have now have them (T14, T495, 7490).

1 Like