I like kde on kubunthings, and you?

Whoah! I’m on live session of buntu thing kde lts around 22 and look pretty great, I’m serious!

Just started live cause check some differences on my system between this buntuthing and EnOS, I think look at audio playback section and Bluetooth is my focus because on EnOS this is very weird for me.

So I get look around live setup, first of all, installer is extreme buggy (if you start after change main kubuntu theme to Breeze Dark) and refuse install “kubuthing” on my slave nvme, only I can on master drive, so I don’t install any buntu and go forward to exploration.

Very weird drive selection…

Good thing is the buntu distro works sleek out of the box. Audio playing from speaker is not like windows quality but better than EnOS, same for Bluetooth, just pairing mouse among external speaker and works at first shot without interference, (A2DP sink profile)
I need to know why EnOS doesn’t and for this target I want to grab buntu live configuration and copy on my home folder under EnOS.

I want I can lol :laughing:
And I want to make tarball of this live /etc and /usr folder because I want to grab differencefor some keyfiles , Think to alsa/pipewire/pulseaudio profiles and so, side note on live system both PipeWire and PulseAudio server is started! Why? But works.

Audio:
Device-1: Intel Tiger Lake-H HD Audio vendor: Dell
driver: sof-audio-pci-intel-tgl
alternate: snd_hda_intel,snd_sof_pci_intel_tgl bus-ID: 0000:00:1f.3
chip-ID: 8086:43c8 class-ID: 0401
Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.15.0-43-generic running: yes
Sound Server-2: PulseAudio v: 15.99.1 running: yes
Sound Server-3: PipeWire v: 0.3.48 running: yes

Also I see under System Configuration some difference for example:

This shows “Online Profiles” allow to add Google account out of the box, On EnOS is only OpenDesktop available and I don’t get time to found how canadd others account provider.

Here spectacle isn’t bugged unlike I found on my EnOS so I can show up cute kde on buntuway…

Audacious Looks better (bigger control bar)

Package Manager gui layout is very intuitive

System Monitor

Main menu with contextual menu selection

Now I go to messing around configuration, for start I want to replace this desktop on EnOS, I try to overwrite my home folder settings and cross finger… see you later guys…
@discobot quote

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: Do not waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good. — Ralph Emerson

Install telepathy-kde-accounts-kcm

3 Likes

Just for clear I dosome tar backup on the fly:

Show my live file backup of kbuntuthing for reverse-config-trial to EnOS

I think get all essential in this file for “migrate” some setting, hope I can get bluetooth/audio config and other setting by "easy cut&paste, yes I’m a dreamer :cloud_with_lightning:

@dalto thank you for advice, you are the best, :heart_decoration:

(raises hand)

Awhile ago I installed Kubuntu to an external USB disk. Makes me wonder if Ubuntu Studio were created by a totally different development team. Like the screenshots on this thread, my Kubuntu installation is LTS and has Plasma v5.24, which is the latest except that of EndeavourOS. I don’t think I could tolerate any later than that.

Wow I think the Ubuntu devs should spend more time with Ubiquity or finish that new installer of theirs. They need to spend more time to make sure the colors are right. I would have never installed anything with text hard to read like that. :confused:

1 Like

It has all of them running so pulse audio is what i mean. On EndeavourOS it’s only pipewire and alsa.

Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.15.0-43-generic running: yes
Sound Server-2: PulseAudio v: 15.99.1 running: yes
Sound Server-3: PipeWire v: 0.3.48 running: yes

You think right but this world isn’t made for folks with eyes diseases and logically the dev’s focused on standards…for perfect human skills!
Folks like me with eyes poor visual skill is still adapting to figure it out a perfect world on Information Technology era.

This is installler loaded with default shipped theme “kubuntu”

Ti look enough contrast between text and background, not really bad. (at 140% global scale for 1920x1080 15" screen)

The trick for install it on master nvme is do mount current OS partition, installed on slave nvme and let the installer ask to unmount, after this step installer set my new empty drive as default on SCSI target.

Anyway the path for better accessible device is much longer than I expected trough years since windows 3.1 age to now, eheh. Also I like Android efforts to get device accessible but is only a business request, not proper an etical need, this world run by Money God, you well know, :persevere: @discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Responsibility is not inherited, it is a choice that everyone needs to make at some point in their life. — Byron Pulsifer

Yes I mean too, The question is why is praticable… Cause if I try to install one or another on EnOS (Arch anyway) get conflicts and I don’t know what is the sense of running both audio server but it is work more well I may think!