I have no internet connection while on the live session, so I can not install Endeavour OS

Another possibility is a Firmware issue, but Im just making guesses at the moment without the device in hand.

If you dual boot windows windows may have grabbed the device and wont let it go. Ive had it do that for NICs and Wifi on peoples machines. which makes them not work in linux till booting into windows again and shutting down but probably not that due to the old iso working.

@ricklinux Im finding a few other reports around online of people needing to disable ASPM for their Intel i211 NICs :man_shrugging: idk for sure but it wouldnt hurt to see if its enabled for Asus folks and to disable it and see if it helps them.

Well if @avgdd would try that on the latest ISO would be really helpful to answer that question because it seems to be these boards and that particular NIC.

1 Like

Maybe you can get him to try that then.

the first one is on the picture, the other two I will try in a bit

alright when you do run it with sudo like this

sudo lspci -vvv

thatll show if ASPM is enabled

@ricklinux still looking around regarding the i211, looks like some more issues over on opensense related to power management on the i211. Im getting more convinced this is an ASPM issue lol. Maybe i can enable it on my system and see if it craps out

EDIT: i tried it, no issues on my end at least with L0 & L1 ASPM. No issue with Firmware either. Its something Asus specific very obviously :man_shrugging:

Even on my system aspm is disabled.

Edit: This is on Ryzen though.

1 Like

Im hoping its simple and just ASPM on some Asus boards and that Im not just making @avgdd chase a ghost, Ive been wrong many a times before. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Last week on tg a issue with atheros latest kernel sidnt work only on linux-lts. If something on r8168 can also be a thing

1 Like

Alright, sorry for the late reply. I just ran those 3 commands, same result. I want to run the usb while ASPM is disabled, how can I disable it?

Also, I took a picture of the terminal output right after booting, before launching the UI, just in case it is relevant

For what is worth, you could copy the terminal output as text and paste it into your reply using </> button to format. This makes it searchable from a search engine and therfore more useful for other users looking for solution to similar issue.

1 Like

You donā€™t get any output when running those commands?

Thatā€™s very strange and shouldnā€™t be happening.

Iā€™m guessing by looking at the manual and vague Asus knowledge

Go into Bios

Go into advanced mode (probably pressing F7)

Go to the Advanced Tab

Go to platform configuration

Should see an ASPM option, if its enabled disable it

Thatā€™s my best guess as idk your bios specifically

You may also try disabling ErP ready or CeC Ready mode if on but I have no idea where those are in bios

It always seems to be those Asus ROG boards. Iā€™ve looked at the manual. Itā€™s typical except the part thatā€™s odd and doesnā€™t make any sense is the csm mode.

They are basically saying itā€™s best left in auto mode. They contradict themselves in saying enabled to support non UEFI driver add-on devices or Windows UEFI.

Then they say disabled to support non UEFI driver add-on devices or Windows UEFI mode.

These two statements contradict each other and donā€™t add up.

It sayā€™s auto mode: The system automatically detects the bootable devices and the add-on devices.

So i would leave that it auto mode. APM has not much. Itā€™s like mine ERP mode enable or disabled. I think itā€™s disabled by default.

It should work and i have rtl8822ce and it works also.

thats always the fun part about Realtek NICs, they ā€œshouldā€ work. My Server has 2 x R8168 that are supposed to work with the kernel driver but they dont :man_shrugging: gotta use the dkms for them