I can't connect wi-fi on Deepin DE

In reading some stuff on Arch, I felt on the solution with Wifi bug on Deepin DE :

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1872921#p1872921

Open the file below :

/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

Then add these 2 lines :

[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no

There is a part on NetworkManager called Configuring MAC address randomization more at the bottom of the page to setup more options and use different modes :

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NetworkManager#Configuring_MAC_address_randomization

6 Likes

This topic is also useful regarding the issue, just in case: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=151985

Thanks this solved my WiFi kind of.
Every time I reboot the settings are lost for most items in the DDE.
It goes back to my guest WiFi.
Time resets the clock to 24 hour display
Audio resets to PC Speaker, and I am unable to play audio from my Intel HDMI.
All HDMI Outputs say unplugged and unknown or no.
Even though I am using the TV for my monitor.
I’m on a Dell Optiplex 7040 with an i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD.
Maybe I should start another thread?
I’ve ran about 10 different distro’s on this mini PC with no troubles until now.

Does this behaviour also show on Gnome? I saw in another thread that you also installed Gnome, so I’m just curious if it is a Deepin or a Linux issue on your hardware.

If the problem also appears on Gnome, then you can try to install the LTS kernel

( sudo pacman -S linux-lts linux-lts-headers linux-headers)

Then reboot and select Linux LTS kernel in GRUB.

2 Likes

Also, don’t forget to update the bootloader after installing LTS kernel. In case of GRUB:
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Even if that won’t help to solve the issue it’s generally a good thing to keep LTS kernel around, just in case :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I can’t wait to have power back so I can try this stuff out :rofl:

1 Like

I did a full re-installation. Same issues with the DDE so I performed that LTS Headers install and I think fixed the HDMI audio. Thanks for the grub update reminder too. I still lose the AM/PM clock settings on reboot for some reason. I also still had to do the WiFi fix with NetworkManager.conf too again after a clean install. Probably Network adapter specific issue. I think the clock is a DDE issue with the project. The dock is the only place the setting exists so it is probably conflicting with the settings control panel. Probably needs added to the Settings panel of the DDE.

Deepin hasn’t been maintained for a while, its origin is in the city of Wuhan (where COVID-19 first broke out) so I guess they had other things on their mind.

1 Like

The new V20 Deepin would have to launch in mars but with Covid they announce april…Let’s hope they will update Deepin DE cause the barmenuseems to be an amazing system !

Deepin V20 will be the same than the version for Huawei UOS but without the support system and opensource like they always did before…

1 Like

I really like the software bundle on the Deepin OS too. Yeah I am patiently waiting for the new release.
I think the DDE as just a desktop bundled otherwise is just feeling like a theme skin. I’m having a lot of trouble with NVidia not recognizing on both the GNOME and the DDE. I have installed Conky and LM-Sensors on them both and can’t find the NVidia GPU even when I do install the NVidia support on the Live install. I tried multiple versions of Conky from the AUR and none seem to just work like the Ubuntu based apt installs. I struggle just trying to get Autostart of applications to work. I tried debugging running the conky’s from command line without any issues. They just can’t find the GPU.

Perfect solution for Deepin not reconnecting to wifi after suspend. Thanks!