I am a bit late but finally Hello

Hello!

Unfortunately I find it rather difficult to introduce myself, but here I am. As I wrote in my first post, I am a former user who mainly used Windows. I started with Windows 3.11 and the last Windows I used was Windows 11. I have tried Linux based operating systems here and there but only on my old laptops, a virtual machine or in dual boot with Windows (Manjaro, EndeavourOS, Fedora).

I think the first Linux distribution I tried was SuSe Linux in 2006. Unfortunately, due to my inexperience, it didn’t run very well. After that, I hadn’t tried anything for many years. Later I tried Linux Mint in 2014/15?, then later Manjaro, ArcoLinux, Bodhi Linux, Fedora, Garuda Linux and EndeavourOS.

Unfortunately, I only realized at the beginning of the year that Windows and Office are no longer for me and I can no longer approve of the direction the whole thing has taken over the years.

The switch wasn’t as bad as I thought and I regret not having done it a few years earlier.

P.S.: I would also like to introduce my little keylogger which has remained with me despite the switch. Her name is Freyja.

Edit: Sry Picture is broken. Now it works. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome and well done for stepping out of the shadows @shadow359 :wave: Enjoy the purple ride :enos_flag:

I’m guessing that Freyja is a cat?

3 Likes

Sry had problems with the upload because the resolution was 4k. I shrunk it down and now it works.

1 Like

A fellow canopener, well hello!
GL HF on the purple side!

3 Likes

O, btw: Freyja looks magnificent!

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, @shadow359 ! :enos: :enos_flag:

Beautiful cat!

giphy

5 Likes

@shadow359
Welcome … Very nice cat!

3 Likes

@shadow359

Welcome to the EndeavourOS forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Pudge

3 Likes

@shadow359 welcome to the :enos:-Forum! Enjoy the purple ride :rocketa_purple:

3 Likes

Hi @shadow359 - never too late to say hi.

Have fun with EndeavourOS.

3 Likes

Welcome, gorgeous cat

3 Likes

Welcome to the :enos: forum @shadow359 :enos_flag:

3 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Awwwwwww!! What a cutie! :smiley_cat:

I know that look: “If I wack the keyboard it will mess Shadow359 up”! :joy_cat:

1 Like

She maybe thought about it but didn’t to it. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Great to have you with us! I remember 3.11, - it was actually pretty cool for the time, and a world away from the messy situation we have now with that other platform. Embrace the void and enjoy the journey :wink:

1 Like

The second OS I ever used, had it right up until XP came out. I went and tried it out in a VM a few weeks ago and it was very dated, brought back heaps of memories but.

1 Like

Good old times when I learned with 3.11/DOS how to use a computer. The only thing I knew back then was how to turn the computer on by pressing the power button in the front. That was something like 28? years ago.

2 Likes

MS-DOS - Turn on PC → put in floppy → run program

1 Like

Younger me didn’t know how to do it. I just wanted to play games. So the seller of the used computer installed Simon the Sorcerer and The Settlers. I played the crap out of the Settlers. Happy times.

1 Like