[HowTo] Convert Manjaro to EndeavourOS

Just a note here - in the live environment, before starting the install:

1. open a terminal and type xfce4-display-settings OR (if you can see enough) open the menu, and fire up Settings/Display.
  2. Pick a resolution that lets you read what you’re doing (1920x1080 is sure to be there - something in between is probably good too)
  3. Proceed with whatever comes next! :grin:

Makes life much easier…

4 Likes

Thanks for your tip. If I need to reinstall, the experience will be much better.

As you may have guessed - I run at 4k as well :grin: If you need any tips for getting things at their best, I have a wiki-style post I could point you at…

2 Likes

Please do, i’m also interested to see if there’s something i missed :slight_smile:

I made this up for posting as a wiki entry here, but had to wait for the server migration - so I practised up by posting it as a message elsewhere… This is it:

If there’s anything I missed that you’re familiar with - I’ll be glad to add it in!

4 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Grub font and Distro display question

Nah, don’t bother refurbishing and redocorating someone else’s house.

Build your own!

Smaller, more functional, and considerably less drafty.

6 Likes

All I had to do was paint the front door and change the locks… :confused:

10 Likes

I got muddled & instead painted my windows & installed locks on my letterbox.

It’s always those fiddly details wot bite me…

3 Likes

I just used a different server because the one provided was not working. Looking at the post it has been edited to a different one now. I personally used keys.gnupg.net.

1 Like

As it turned out, the problem was the missing entry in ~/.gnupg/dirmngr.conf.
This is where you can enter your keyserver, e.g.
keyserver keys.gnupg.net
Then you don’t have to specify it on the cmd line.

Damn you… that was my line! :smiley:

Thanks for this Jonathon… will make it easier to transition my main system over rather than another clean install… after all, this ain’t Winblows… It doesn’t need annual blowaways!

1 Like

I sincerely apologise, & beg you to show forgiveness… pls don’t chain me to the back of the tank & take me for a scrape around to Dinsdale’s place.

4 Likes

I’ve got my Sherman warming up right now. I’d say a good scraping is way overdue.

4 Likes

Is this the Sherman we’re talking about? :slight_smile: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Sherman

1 Like

no, he mean this
sherman-02-sgs

6 Likes

Thanks for the information. So that’s what it’s about. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Peabody

I was looking at this as I’m feeling a bit too lazy to reinstall a rather fresh Manjaro system, but this looks like it’s even more work than doing that :joy: Thanks for sharing the detailed instructions in any case, it’s at least helped me decide a fresh install is the way to go when I can be bothered :slight_smile:

1 Like

A fresh install is the best way to go, imo.

3 Likes

Probably the better choice. In the meantime, perhaps create a script for setting up as you wish it to be when done? You could clone some settings dirs, and build a package list from what you have now, for instance… so when you go for it, it won’t take long.

1 Like