How to utilize global menu of Shotcut video editor in KDE Plasma Wayland?

You might be right as it may hurt my ears. :rofl:

1 Like

@pebcak
I donā€™t do plasmoids. I just do KDE without all the bling! :wink:

Edit: KISS

I donā€™t do plasmaā€¦ like at all.
I just test it to from time to time to know why :rofl:

1 Like

I already know why I use it. Itā€™s works flawlessly on X11. I donā€™t do Wayland. Sometimes i test it to know why also! :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl:

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Yes you do. The default panel is a plasmoid, the Application Launcher is a plasmoid, the System Tray is a plasmoid, the Task Manager is a plasmoid, the Digital Clock is a plasmoid, etcā€¦ etcā€¦

Plasmoids are not extensions, they are an integral part of Plasma. But yes, there exist third-party plasmoids, anyone can make them.

2 Likes

You see i didnā€™t understand. :rofl: All i know is i donā€™t use extensions. I use plasmaā€¦KDE! :wink:

2 Likes

Well, of course! Neither do I. We are not using ɢɓį“į“į“‡. :rofl: We donā€™t need no stinkinā€™ extensions to have basic functionality, KDE Plasma is designed to be modular and infinitely customisable.

3 Likes

Of course. Though shalt not! :point_up:

Enjoy your X while it lasts :wink:

RHEL has already ā€œdeclaredā€ it deprecated:

X.org Server is now deprecated

The X.org display server is deprecated, and will be removed in a future major RHEL release. The default desktop session is now the Wayland session in most cases.

The X11 protocol remains fully supported using the XWayland back end. As a result, applications that require X11 can run in the Wayland session.

Red Hat is working on resolving the remaining problems and gaps in the Wayland session. For the outstanding problems in Wayland, see the Known issues section.

source

Plasma 6 will also be Wayland by default.

Weā€™re going to make a very strong push for Wayland to be the default session type for Plasma 6. The X11 session will still be there of course, and distros will be free to override this and continue defaulting to X11 if they feel like it suits them better. But we want Wayland to be our official recommendation.

source

:pray: for up set small lite fun :wink: will still need/use Xwayland ( pos for years to come )

it all fun at end of day :crazy_face:

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I guess so.

:100: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be honest if Gnome was laid out like PopOS but only Gnome 44 I might try it. I cannot use it with the panel constantly moving when going into activities or other. I want the background image to stay and be more like a traditional desktop and then i donā€™t care about extensions as long as they work.

Edit: My opinion is that they designed it for a touch device or tablet which i do not like.

Just my opinion. :wink:

:man_shrugging:

This is why i use KDE.

1 Like

GNOME doesnā€™t seem to fit that criteria :wink:

I find my way around GNOME both on laptop (touchpad and shortcuts) and on desktop (mostly shortcuts and sometimes mouse). Works well for me.

Itā€™s great that there are options for every taste.

1 Like

Yesā€¦ I did just try PopOS and I like where they are going. I jsut wish it was Gnome 44.

Edit: Is there a way to make the background stay and not move? That would be what i would desire. The rest of it is okay.

1 Like

I have tried it a couple of times.

Their version of GNOME was too heavily customized for my taste.

I like to start with Vanilla an take it from there. Perhaps when their new desktop is ready, Iā€™ll have another look.

PopOS isnā€™t planning to move forward with gnome so I suspect you will never see Gnome 44 over there.

That being said, this is a topic about getting the global menu working in KDE under wayland.

Can we please stop turning every topic that involves gnome or kde into gnome vs kde discussion?

4 Likes

Sorry ā€¦Thatā€™s my doing. :grimacing: