How To Remove An Annoying Pop-Up

How do I disable eos-arch-news?

SOLVED

1 Like

Edit the configuration file (see our wiki too) at /etc/eos-update-notifier.conf:

CheckArchNewsForYou=no
1 Like

Thanks. Done. :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for giving EndeavourOS a try, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Pudge

welcome

Welcome to the community :beers:

It would be even better if the news update was a system notification and not a window that we actively need to click away.

I get a mail notification on my mobile from Arch when there is a need for manual intervention, so I disabled it.

The less I get bothered while on my computer the more I get done, or on the contrary, I don’t get bothered while relaxing.

As I worked 70-some hours last week, I kind of need to just relax sometimes. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, from my point of view, how often does Arch Linux post something on the main page?
On the current main page 2020-07-28 2020-04-14 2020-03-19 are the dates of the last three news items.

Sounds like a tempest in a teapot to me. Just my opinion.

Pudge

2 Likes

It is annoying if you are constantly hitting “Later” instead of actually reading the news. Then it will pop up on every boot.

3 Likes

How true. I wouldn’t click Later… :wink:

3 Likes

That’s because you made it pointless :slight_smile: Better just close the browser as soon as it opens, this way the annoying thing won’t come back soon :sunglasses: Who needs Arch news anyway…

3 Likes

Yay so I am not the only one that reads archlinux.org daily :joy:

3 Likes

If you don’t need Arch news, then you should configure eos-update-notifier not to show the Arch news… :wink:

3 Likes