How to install VLC

someone with vlc installed and pamac working…all the " dependencies" from VLC installed, vlc install just what he need, i need all to be installed to do acestream playable. tried last night on arch linux and worked, and today returned to Eos and BOOM, pamac is gone and i need gui to see what files need more :see_no_evil:

Did you read the thread? It has to do with pacman 6 that landed in the repo today, the PAmac devs need to get up to speed with this. Just be patient…

1 Like

ok

Run

sudo pacman -Syu vlc

to install vlc. It will install all the required dependencies as well. You could have a look at:

https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/vlc/

for other optional dependencies you might need.

i was there but is hard to take 160 1 by 1 , i have vlc installed, how can i see what depencies was installed with or not gui ?

There might be better ones, but the closest I know is:
pactree vlc

ok thank you :wink:

1 Like

@tiger
Why didn’t you create new post, it has got nothing to do with the original post.

1 Like

Please note that the command will list all the packages that VLC is depending on and not necessarily only those that got installed when installing VLC. You could have a look at pacman.log.

Edit:
On my system (on yours it could have been different):

sudo pacman -S vlc

resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…

Packages (7) libdvbpsi-1:1.3.3-2 libebml-1.4.2-1 libmad-0.15.1b-9 libmatroska-1.6.3-1 libtar-1.2.20-5 libupnp-1.14.7-1 vlc-3.0.14-1

Total Download Size: 12.54 MiB
Total Installed Size: 62.17 MiB
:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] n

Thanks @Bryanpwo! Sorry for creating more job for you :blush:

1 Like
pacman -Qi vlc

That will show you the optional dependencies and which ones are and aren’t installed.

4 Likes

thank you, problem solved. live-media, aribba24/25 for MPEG-TS, python2-acestream-proxy missed :wink: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.