How to install Octopi

How to install Octopi?

[davek@endeavour ~]$ su
Password: 
root@endeavour /home/davek # pacman -S octopi                               
error: target not found: octopi
1 root@endeavour /home/davek #                                                              :(

pacman is nice but sometimes you want to see a list of what is available.

yay -S octopi

pacman doesn’t support AUR packages so you need to use an AUR helper like yay

3 Likes

I did that, but it just keeps running and I don’t know what’s going on!

em /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o ../build/main.o main.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -isystem /usr/include/qt -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtDBus -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtCore -I../build -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o ../build/pacmanhelper.o pacmanhelper.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -isystem /usr/include/qt -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtDBus -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtCore -I../build -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o ../build/pacmanhelperadaptor.o pacmanhelperadaptor.cpp
g++ -pipe -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -Wall -W -dM -E -o ../build/moc_predefs.h /usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/features/data/dummy.cpp
/usr/bin/moc -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB --include /home/davek/.cache/yay/octopi/src/octopi-0.9.0/notifier/build/moc_predefs.h -I/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I/home/davek/.cache/yay/octopi/src/octopi-0.9.0/notifier/pacmanhelper -I/usr/include/qt -I/usr/include/qt/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt/QtDBus -I/usr/include/qt/QtCore -I/usr/include/c++/9.1.0 -I/usr/include/c++/9.1.0/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu -I/usr/include/c++/9.1.0/backward -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.1.0/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.1.0/include-fixed -I/usr/include pacmanhelper.h -o ../build/moc_pacmanhelper.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -isystem /usr/include/qt -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtDBus -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtCore -I../build -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o ../build/moc_pacmanhelper.o ../build/moc_pacmanhelper.cpp
/usr/bin/moc -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB --include /home/davek/.cache/yay/octopi/src/octopi-0.9.0/notifier/build/moc_predefs.h -I/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I/home/davek/.cache/yay/octopi/src/octopi-0.9.0/notifier/pacmanhelper -I/usr/include/qt -I/usr/include/qt/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt/QtDBus -I/usr/include/qt/QtCore -I/usr/include/c++/9.1.0 -I/usr/include/c++/9.1.0/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu -I/usr/include/c++/9.1.0/backward -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.1.0/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.1.0/include-fixed -I/usr/include pacmanhelperadaptor.h -o ../build/moc_pacmanhelperadaptor.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -isystem /usr/include/qt -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtDBus -isystem /usr/include/qt/QtCore -I../build -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o ../build/moc_pacmanhelperadaptor.o ../build/moc_pacmanhelpera

What is this?

it’s not installing optopi
used antergos and never ran into this problem

Why don’t you install pamac?
yay -S pamac-aur

I guess. But why won’t octopi install ?

when I search for octopi in the menu it pulls up Libreoffice. Maybe this is a bug?

This is a early version of Endeavour. maybe things will work better in the next version?

Pamac installed. I like this one. thanks. don’t need octopi.

I’m not sure what’s going on with the Octopi attempt to install. That is something for the devs to look into but glad you have something to use right now. Myself i never got used to Octopi so i don’t tend to use it.

It compiled and installed fine here.

The txt that @kawika posted are just output you get when the package is compiled. If you install a package from the arch repo for example you get a pre-built package so there’s no compiling needed. Most packages from the AUR needs to be built from source, though there are quite a few -bin packages too. That means they are already compiled.

1 Like

@Tiedemann I understand that. But i can’t necessarily tell that’s what’s happening exactly from his post. I just gave another alternative as he is unsure.

Like @Tiedemann said it was compiling and with some packages it can take a long time, there was nothing wrong there.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Don’t use AUR much.
They give you too many options and it’s confusing.
Pamac is what I wanted anyway. Thanks again