How to connect to wifi?

Hey, am pretty new to this OS. About a week ago I logged on to my computer which has two separate drives where one has a windows install while the other is endeavourOS, and basically I noticed that my computer couldn’t connect to my wifi at all, checked the manager menu thing, and my wifi was not listed which is pretty weird.
Like I checked if the OS recognizes my network adapters which are built into the motherboard and it does show the 2.5G LAN port and the WIFI 6 adapter.

If anyone could guide me through on how to fix this I would appreciate it, thank you.

1 Like

We should be able to, please search the forum on adding system into and system logs to your post. Not all hardware is the same, so unless we know what you need, it’s not possible to help yet.

You said you “checked” to see if it recognized your adapters and it did. How did you do that? Please post entire command entered and output.

Also, welcome to the community!

Welcome to the forum @Soul7734 :enos_flag: :partying_face:

Welcom @Soul7734
I hope you enjoy EndeavourOS and the community. I’m sure you will.
Though my system everything worked out of the box, but on another Arch distro I had a similar issue.

It was sorted out by installing broadcom-wl-dkms

I am not sure it will help but at least you can look at it.

1 Like

Hey, sorry for the late response. I used two separate commands:

inxi -Na

Result:

Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8125 2.5GbE vendor: Micro-Star MSI
    driver: r8169 v: kernel pcie: gen: 2 speed: 5 GT/s lanes: 1
    port: f000 bus-ID: 26:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8125 class-ID: 0200
  Device-2: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX210/AX211/AX411 160MHz
    driver: iwlwifi v: kernel pcie: gen: 2 speed: 5 GT/s lanes: 1
    bus-ID: 28:00.0 chip-ID: 8086:2725 class-ID: 0280

rfkill list

Result:

0: phy0: Wireless LAN
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
1: hci0: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no

However on the second part in most cases which says “Wireless LAN” does not show up, and that is usually when it cannot establish a connection with my router.

Just after I posted my problem here, I attempted to connect my PC to my router using an ethernet cable (usually I am unable to do that since we have no way of wiring the router which is in the living room downstairs while my room is upstairs) which worked and everything was fine, which then temporarily fixed the wifi issue albeit the bandwidth on the wireless connection was very slow especially when comparing to when I download stuff from steam per se on Windows.

[quote=“Soul7734, post:1, topic:30409”]
About a week ago I logged on to my computer which has two separate drives where one has a windows install while the other is endeavourOS, and basically I noticed that my computer couldn’t connect to my wifi at all[/quote]
So no Wifi on both, EOS and Windows? If that’s the case than maybe it is a hardware problem. I had a Intel Wifi card that suddenly stopped working and I also thought it’s a software problem. Replaced the card and Wifi was working again.

edit Quoting doesn’t seem to work as it should.

On Windows it’s fine I get around ~26MB/s with a Wifi connection it’s only endeavourOS that’s either the Wifi doesn’t work at all i.e Not finding my router or not connecting, or is connected via Wifi however the download speed barely reaches ~2MB/s.

Also if my descriptions are a little hard to get your heads around, am just kind of that bad at explaining stuff.