How do you customize the lock screen on Sway?

How do you customize the lock screen on Sway? I would like to set a lock screen background as well as use my GTK theme, icon theme, and cursor on the lock screen so it matches my desktop’s appearance.

if use EOS sway . you can change lockscreen .png in sway dir rename new file to " swaylock.png " if remember right if change gtk theme it will match . if you use EOS sway :blush:

or look in " .config/sway/swaylock/ " it some thing like it .sorry i no have my sway card with me atm " hope that help

Edit… :pray: for rude i forget to say " Welcome to the forum "

3 Likes

I made an error in my post. I meant the login screen, not the lock screen. Although changing swaylock.png certainly helped for changing the lock screen, which I was probably going to try to figure out next. Do you know if there’s a way to customize the login screen?

1 Like

i give you idea :innocent:

Hope it help

/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf

[greeter]
indicators = ~~EndeavourOS;~spacer;~clock;~spacer;~language;~session;~a11y;~power
theme-name = Arc-Dark
icon-theme-name = Arc
font-name = Noto Sans 10
background = /usr/share/endeavouros/backgrounds/endeavouros-wallpaper.png
user-background = false
hide-user-image = true
2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Editing the /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf file works. The only issue is that it complicates my dotfile management strategy a bit, but it shouldn’t be anything I can’t figure out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.