How do I make the Alacritty terminal look like Garuda Linux's terminal?

My post was not meant to be a direct response to or a criticism of your post. I was simply sharing my opinion as several people had also shared their own.

They actually did ask those 4 questions. They weren’t in bullet format but they were all asked specifically in the paragraph below the screenshot.

While this is true, we help people all the time with issues with their applications. It isn’t like you are only allowed to discuss bugs with the EOS installer or EOS specific packages here.

This is a person asking us for help with their terminal setup.

3 Likes

Calm down! Back on topic:

Blur - probably from the plasma settings.

The alacritty settings - you will have to find those.

Prompt - you will need their .fishrc ???

4 Likes

The last time this happened the user did go over to the other forum and ask but was not accepted very well. All they wanted to know was how to make KDE look like garuda. They came back here and messaged me so i simply helped them with setting up the theming privately.

5 Likes

I am not expecting a step by step tutorial. I simply want to know what compositor they are using for the blur (I think it’s picom), and also how to get that on my Alacritty installation. I have figured out the prompt, transparency, and how to get neofetch launch automatically, and also how to get alacrity to use fish as its default shell. I asked on the Garuda forums as I was told to do, and they basically told me to f off, so here I am.
Following this: the one thing I still need help with is the blur.

Moderator Edit: Please refrain from using foul language.

Nope it is KWin it is in the neofetch.

1 Like

Welcome to EnOS’ forum @steam! BTW :wink:

1 Like

Alright, I will look into that. Thanks.

That no true … simple search on DDG

6 Likes

That is very situation specific and depends on so many things.

My general guideline is this:

• If I know the answer, and it’s easy to answer it, I’ll answer it.
  • If I don’t know the answer, I have to find the question interesting enough to bother looking for an answer – these the favourite questions to answer, since I learn something from it
  • If I find someone’s questions annoying, I won’t bother answering them, even if I know the answers. Things I really find annoying (not an exhaustive list):
    • being rude and ungrateful,
    • not showing any willingness to invest effort into finding out the answer
4 Likes

I don’t even know what that means and English is the only language I speak.

If it’s truly just a Garuda package, why not just add the Garuda mirror and install them?

2 Likes

My apologies about the acronym; I will try to avoid those here in the future.

It does appear that most of the garuda-specific packages were removed from the AUR. However, they do appear to be in the chaotic-AUR repository. (Which makes sense as I believe Garuda is supporting chaotic-AUR in some fashion.)

I Seem To Remember what ISTR means. Not sure though :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Can’t you JFGI then? :wink:

Ouch, haha! Seeing several members on both forums makes this even better :joy:
@steam you might want to put a wee bit more effort in seeming genuine, next time you mention one forum in another…

I’m just not hip with all the geekspeak. I’m. . . The oldest 30 something guy on earth.

Pah! Kids these days! shake fist, then forget why I went into this room again
NUUUUUUUUUURSE!

2 Likes

A BLONDE nurse!!