How can I reinstall all the default packages that are installed during the first OS install?

I have been trying to get the sound working on my machine and I have removed audio packages and its dependencies by mistake with pacman -Rnsc and not pacman -R.

I don’t know exactly which libraries and dependencies I removed so wondered if there is a way to get all of the default packages that were installed with a fresh install without reinstalling the whole OS and setting up everything again?

Additionally, has anyone ever tried to get the audio working on a 2019 iMac with EndeavourOS? If so, what did you do?

If you install eos-packagelist, you could try:

eos-packagelist "Desktop-Base + Common packages" --install
1 Like

Thank you for this.

I just tried it and I get an error (entirely my own fault, hence this post):

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/paths/t2-builtin-mic.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/paths/t2-headphones.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/paths/t2-headset-mic.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/paths/t2-speakers.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x2.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x4.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x6.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/t2-builtin-mic.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/t2-headphones.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/t2-headset-mic.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/t2-speakers.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x2.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x4.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x6.conf exists in filesystem

Is there a way to overwrite or force an overwrite?

sudo pacman -S $(python eos-packagelist "Desktop-Base + Common packages") --overwrite "*"

I’m sorry you needed to reformat my first error - I did learn something from your solution though.

When I run

sudo pacman -S $(python eos-packagelist "Desktop-Base + Common packages") --overwrite "*"

I get this error:

python: can't open file '/home/dtpc/eos-packagelist': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
error: no targets specified (use -h for help)

I’m running it from my $HOME directory.

1 Like

Oops, that is my fault.

sudo pacman -S $(eos-packagelist "Desktop-Base + Common packages") --overwrite "*"

Thank you.

I think my issue is that I have installed multiple packages for audio and they are now conflicting so I get this when I run it:

pipewire-pulse and pulseaudio are in conflict. Remove pulseaudio? [y/N]

So I say y

and then I get:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing gst-plugins-base-libs (1.20.4-3) breaks dependency 'gst-plugins-base-libs=1.20.3' required by gst-plugins-base
:: installing gst-plugins-base-libs (1.20.4-3) breaks dependency 'gst-plugins-base-libs=1.20.3' required by gst-plugins-good

I think they are multimedia plugins and that might be causing me an issue. Are pulseaudio and pipewire both dependent on these?

Have you tried updating your system to ensure everything is at the most recent version first?

If I try a sudo pacman -Syu I get the error from post #3:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/paths/t2-builtin-mic.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/paths/t2-headphones.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/paths/t2-headset-mic.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/paths/t2-speakers.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x2.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x4.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x6.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/t2-builtin-mic.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/t2-headphones.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/t2-headset-mic.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/t2-speakers.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x2.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x4.conf exists in filesystem
apple-t2-audio-config: /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/apple-t2x6.conf exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Thats why I wanted to try the --overwrite flag.

I’ve got myself into a wierd, circular error.

You can use overwrite with pacman -Syu the same way as above.

1 Like

That was it, thank you :+1:

1 Like

I’m glad you got your problem fixed.

Next step is to go to whatever post of @dalto 's that fixed your problem, and click on the “Solutions” icon on that post.

Go to the main page and back into this Topic and see what was added to the OP. This and other things the forum software does will make it easier for other people with the same problem.

Pudge

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.