How can I disable middle click pasting?

Hi, totally noob question I know!

The first result on Google comes up with:

Right click on desktop → Configure Desktop and Wallpaper… → Mouse Actions → Remove middle mouse pasting

This didn’t work. Middle click still pastes. I can’t move around in Figma for the life of me, because it pastes whatever link I copied like an hour ago. Is there any fix to this?

Hello. As you told that your previously copied link is still pasted when you execute mouse middle-click.
If you are on KDE Plasma, then the simple method is to clear your clipboard. By doing this middle-click will not paste the previously copied link. This issue applies to anything that is copied and is present on clipboard.
Middle click copy/paste is a default setting in Xorg Server.There is no option to disable this setting but you can change the working of middle-click.

If you need more context, then :

In that case, is there a convenient way to clean the clipboard?

Clipboard is present in system tray :

.Which can be cleared by pressing the clipboard :

Screenshot_20220513_194100

Just press the brush icon to clear the entire clipboard history, or you can do selective removal of histories by using red colored delete icon.

My files were getting strange corruptions until eventually I happened to catch the issue - as I scroll, I inadvertently click the scroll wheel down, haphazardly selecting/copying and pasting text as I go. I wouldn’t notice, make important changes, save, and then the file doesn’t run because random bits of code are missing! I had to revert from source control so many times before I understood why this was happening.

Most input devices have a single button to a function, but the mousewheel has a dual function, meaning this issue is now dependant on how light of a touch your mouse device happens to have on its scroll wheel. You can accidentally click when you only intended to scroll. Therefore, middleclick should be bound to something innocuous like pan-scroll on Windows - I’m quite used to that happening by accident but it’s a minor irritation that I just click away from. It doesn’t destroy my files!

(And this is a completely new Logitech G205 Hero, not some cheap mouse)

I understand it’s not the realm of Endeavour OS since it’s inherited behaviour, and maybe ranting about it here will do nothing, but boy oh boy, this is destructive behaviour and there’s no way this should be a default setting, much less one that is so hard to change!

I changed middle click to “Move” as in the linked Manjaro thread, but middle click still pastes! Is there ANY way at all to just disable the middle mouse altogether? I don’t use it for anything anyway and I’ll resort to anything drastic to just prevent it. Clearing the clipboard obviously won’t prevent the accidental behaviour because it requires you to preempt the accident…

Here’s what worked for me. Not sure if it disables other kinds of middle-click functionality, but I really don’t care! Middle-click is no longer destroying my files while I scroll fervently due to an upcoming deadline.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Clipboard
Specifically the “sxhkd” option, and putting “sxhkd” in “Autostart”

Yup. Just map the middle mouse button to do nothing.