Am having an issue with (hot-plugging) my (caddy/3.5 HDD/SSD mount drive bay/ICY-Box SATA drives) which are connected directly to MotherBoard SATA ports, as they are not being (populated/mounted) into the system automagically.
Here is what Iv’e so far :
- Followed this https://forum.manjaro.org/t/solved-how-do-i-enable-sata-hotplug/2911/8 & it DOES work but thats not what am aiming for !
- Using EndeavourOS live distro works initially (detecting the drive), but when installed on my system am back to square 1.
- Garuda worked perfectly, which defies what am challenging my self into. (did btw copy ‘50-sata.rules’ file which iv’e found in Garuda & rebooted it with no success)
- Boot/Reboot DOES populate the drive perfectly with its content.
- Yes, did try to switch between controllers (Intel & ASM) with no luck!
- I’ve installed “EndeavourOS” with its default settings, with no luck as well.
Running (udevadm monitor) gives out nothing when switching on the caddy/3.5 drive mount/hotplug ICY box.
according to dmesg (correct me if am wrong) the device is “detected then not able to negotiate something then goes down”.
BIOS settings are set correctly with (AHCI enabled on both ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller & Intel Chipset SATA Controller).
I’ve been diving head on with this for the past 2 weeks & more learning along the way, the fun into cmd/cli based commands & how to decipher your problems instead of relaying on GUI based programs/interface, ranging from how to “dmesg/lsblk/lspci to nano /etc/udev/rules.d & beyond trying to make sense of what kernel,modules, etc. installed” :]
This is my output (dmesg) when switching drive mount ON, without ‘udevadm monitor output’ as it doesn’t show anything :
After trying “(solved) How do I enable SATA hotplug?”
Being a noob in linux, & somewhat veteran in M$-Winbloze you’ll “never Settle” .
So, any suggestions/help would be awesome.