Help - Sometimes no audio with one device

I have a really weird issue with my Audio in EndeavourOS. This issue exists since I installed it. I have a weird workaround for it, so it didn’t bother me that much until now…

I have multiple audio devices connected to my system. The two devices that I use are my headset (Arctis Pro Wireless Game) and my soundbar (Teufel Cinebar One) and I switch between them regularly. Both are connected via USB.

The problem is that my soundbar is not working with every audio source. My headset always works and outputs the audio but my soundbar just doesn’t. For example my soundbar works fine with Twitch but doesn’t work with YouTube. My weird workaround currently is having a Twitch stream always running in the background muted and as long as this stream is running my soundbar outputs also the audio from all other sources.

As I’m new to Linux/EndeavourOS I don’t even know where to start to troubleshoot this issue and what the problem could be. I would really appreciate some hints/tips what I could look at to find the source of the issue and fix it.

Should anyone stumble upon this topic and have a similar issue… The issue fixed “itself” after I switched to pipewire. So should you run an “older” install (< Atlantis) of EndeavourOS you could try switching to pipewire. (see https://discovery.endeavouros.com/audio/pipewire/2021/09/)