Hello! New to Endeavour

Long time distro hopper here, but I always found myself landing back on Fedora.

Switched last night to EOS. So far I am really liking it. Pacman/yay seem much quicker than dnf.

Beyond that, im not really sure what else to tinker with on this shiny new os!

12 Likes

Welcome … and tinker away!

The EOS community is simply amazing. I keep breaking my PCs around here for quite some time and the team keeps nudging me back into the driver’s seat.

First class people.

4 Likes

Welcome to the EndeavourOS forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Just out of curiosity, which Desktop Environment did you choose?

Pudge

1 Like

everything, anything. have fun. understand pacman/yay first then go crazy.
A Complete Idiot's Guide To Endeavour OS Maintenance / Update / Upgrade —this is what I adopted for maintenance as soon as I got here. It will serve you well.
PS–Arch/Endeavour ethos very different than the Fedora ethos in a good way.
Rock on.

2 Likes

Hey Pudge, I chose KDE. For this Thinkpad I used KDE whenever possible on other distros. For my older laptops I like XFCE.

1 Like

Thank you! Going to get on that idiots guide ASAP!

Hi and Welcome to the forum @Rukus

1 Like

Welcome aboard! @Rukus !

1 Like

Welcome to the best distro! :enos_flag: :enos:

1 Like

Hello! Respect for the MF DOOM avatar

2 Likes

Welcome to the :enos:forum @Rukus :enos_flag:

1 Like

While I was verbatim told by one of the Fedora big guys that doing so “is not how you’re supposed to use Fedora,” (which doesn’t even make sense to me), you can up parallell downloads from the default 3 to whatever you want in your dnf.conf and it increases download time considerably. But due to how they break down the repos, it’s still slower than pacman for sure. Fedora is more setup for “automatic updates” and to run them when you restart/poweroff instead of whenever you want to.

Either way welcome.

1 Like

Welcome @Rukus enjoy the endeavour of discovering EndeavourOS.:wave:t2:

1 Like

Welcome @Rukus :wave: Enjoy the purple ride :enos_flag:

1 Like

Welcome @Rukus to the :enos:-Forum :enos_flag: Enjoy your time !

1 Like

As much as I liked Fedora, I’m already really liking EOS. The community behind it seems fantastic. I really appreciate a strong community of people who are all keen on something such as this.

Thanks for the welcome all, hope I can contribute some day!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

Hello and Welcome to the OS and the Forums @Rukus :enos_flag:

I Would also recommend in your spare reading time to pay attention to the Local Guru @dalto post from a while back to go along with the post @drunkenvicar linked to you.

1 Like