Hello from new user

Hello… I am Nellai. A new Endeavour user. I have installed KDE on my iMac desktop after doing few trail runs of Endeavour. All look fine. I used LMDE and MX Linux for a while. But long back I used Antergos. I heard Endeavour is the spiritual successor of that distro but sadly I never tried this until recently. After trying it now I really wonder why I didn’t try this long back. Endeavour runs little faster and had a unique look. In Endeavour wifi works out of the box. I am learning the tricks now. Installing few softwares such as Brave-bin etc using yay command. So far so good. Wanted to say Hi to all the friendly Endeavour users here. Good work and keep going Endeavour team!!

9 Likes

Hi!

Welcome to the forum! :enos_flag:

1 Like

Hello nellai! :smiley:
Glad to hear your enjoying your computer with this fantastic free software!
Wishing you the best of good times and a great read everyday on the forum as there’s a lot of very knowledgeable people to learn from and help us, the users, all the time.

:wave:
Extra: we are visited sometimes by a clown who makes us have a good laugh.

:enos: :enos_flag: :penguin_face:

2 Likes

Welcome @nellai

Edit: This is the first time i have heard anyone installing on an Imac desktop. Maybe I’m wrong but i just wanted to know if that means you wiped out the Imac and installed only EndeavourOS?

Thanks. I heard Endeavour forum is one of the friendliest. Your reply seconds that. :smiley: :raised_hands:

Hi… Thanks. Nice to be in the friendly forum. :smiley: :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks Rick… :raised_hands:

Welcome to :enos:-Forum :enos_flag:

Enjoy the purple ride and feel free to ask whatever you want!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @nellai :enos: :enos_flag:

1 Like

Hey! Good to have you with us, how did you first discover Linux? Antergos was indeed the ancestor to Endeavour, - but regardless, this ship sails it’s own waters now… :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community :beers:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @nellai

1 Like

Hi Canoe… good to see you here. My journey started with Linux Mint and Peppermint long back. At some point i found Antergos and impressed with it. Sad once it left the scene. I have 2 old laptops I always had linux on them mostly debian based distros. But I dont use them regularly. So keep switching distros. For some reason I never tried Endeavour. This new Galileo looks really nice and everything worked out of the box. Pacman and yay commands are super impressive and easy. Now i installed it on home desktop now. Looks really light, fast and shiny. Hope finally this will kill my distrohopping. :smiley:

1 Like

Edit: Yes. I only have Endeavour on it.

2 Likes

@nellai , Welcome to the dark side, there’s no going back. :wave:

@nellai welcome. I’ve run Linux on an iMac as well. Dual boot. Worked like a charm.

Have a good time on the forum. :wave:t2:

I have a theory that when most people find themselves distrohopping, they’re actually desktop-environment hopping, the underlying tools and services (for the most part) are generally similar, unless there’s a specific choice to avoid distros using systemd or another product. Personally, Arch worked really well for me, - EOS smooths out a lot of the rough edges and the “I don’t have time for this” bits, no elitism here, just use what works for you and enjoy the journey! :slight_smile:

A couple of great distros there. Welcome!

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :alien: :rocketa_purple: :rocket: