Hello, First Time EndeavourOS User

Hello all,

I’m a college user, and I’ve used Linux since 2012, but I fully stay on Linux in 2016. I use Linux for college and been using Linux in my community college for 4 years, I’m going to a university for another 4 years and going to use Linux as well. Now I’m not going to lie there were times I had to use Windows, but It was on a VM and I HARDLY open it.

I’ve heard of Endeavour and always like the project but never tried. Till now, I wished I used it before when it came out. I used to love Antergos and when I heard about Endeavour I thought it was going to be (another Arch Distro) but I was wrong. So far it’s been stable and super easy to use. Here is a screenshot of my distro.

2021-02-09_13-30

21 Likes

Welcome aboard! Let us know if you have any questions.

3 Likes

Thank You :smiley:

1 Like

Hello and welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

4 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the purple side of Linux!

3 Likes

Thank you

I don’t think that is anything to be ashamed of. I have a Windows 10 VM that I keep simply to run Quicken. Do what works for you!

Oh! … and welcome aboard!!

3 Likes

Welcome to this great distro and community

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

This community is so far surprising me. I deal with Arch forum before and you get some to mostly bad apples. But this community seems to be amazing like other community I’m in

3 Likes

Yes, it gives you a warm feeling to have found a kind of home, and the desire to be more involved in it. More you receive, more to want to offer… It should be like this in many places, but I am very happy to experiment this in EndeavourOS.

3 Likes

Welcome to the team!

3 Likes

Thank you

Welcome!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: and respect for actually taking the time to reply thank you for everyone :laughing:. (You dont need to dont worry youll be doing it for a enternity with the amount of people welcoming you here :rofl:)

3 Likes

Welcome aboard. I’ve been using EndeavorOS for a little over a year now, and more than the distro i Absolutely Love the community, which for me is a huge deal. I’ve seen some great Linux distros with really Toxic communities, but here everyone is friendly, welcoming and helpful.

3 Likes

Lol thank you. I’m ready for it :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve been using different distro as well and it’s either the community is small to get an answer (I had one took almost a month). I usually try to look for the solution to a problem and if I can’t then I ask the community but you’ll have one that’ll say “Google it” and then I have to argue with that person to tell him I’ve already did.

So far this is my second favorite community forums, Peppemint forum is my favorite but sadly the created pass away and it’s been awhile since I found a community like that one until now :grinning:

3 Likes