HDMI Output only on Audio Card

For the kernel parameter, I don’t see it as I do sysctl, do I need to add a new parameter ?

Did you try adding this on also to

/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

add

options snd-hda-intel dmic_detect=0

Also on Windows do you have Windows Fast Start Up feature disabled? It’s under power management.

Did this, and still only HDMI outputs, and no I removed Windows completely of my system.

Did you try blacklisting the intel?

snd_hda_intel

Just tried, it removed the board completely, aplay -l gives me the no soundcards.

Could this juste be that the drivers dont support the audio card ?

How about try create this file with nano.

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/sound.hda

add

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel

reboot

1 Like

Only HDMI still, no change here.

Well I’m out of ideas to try right now. Did you check alsamixer? Does it list only one sound device?

It gives HDA Intel PCH, but it has only 6 Digital Output and no analogue output, well, I’ll keep looking and testing things, thanks a lot for evrrything.

Did you try it though?

1 Like

Are here any UEFI/Bios updates for this laptop?

1 Like

Not that I am aware of…

Yeap, but cant do a thing as it is digital output.

@Landot
I have found more information but not a solution. It seems the audio codec is a problem on this hardware. You can check out some of the links here.

https://thesofproject.github.io/latest/getting_started/intel_debug/suggestions.html

1 Like

@Landot
You may also want to try switching from pipewire to pulse audio.

sudo pacman -S pulseaudio

Try it with this kernel parameter in the default grub command line and update grub.

snd_hda_intel.dmic_detect=0

1 Like

So they were installed on the system in the past.
It could be possible they had done system changes and did not revert (since they were uninstalled).

If nothing helps, ask the HW vendor.
Another thing you can try is to reset the BIOS (with vendor’s instructions, or resetting BIOS battery if it exists) and clear buffers (keep without power for some time).