Has anyone used AwesomeWM?

While this shouldn’t be a problem, creating a different thread, there already are threads somewhat likely similar to this topic. Like these share your aliases or functions, tips and tricks for i3. I’m still following this topic, if it extends to a good reason, I’ll create a different thread, move things over and notify the participants.

1 Like

Awesome (no pun intended). Thanks.

2 Likes

What do they do?

I will give that a try then

Thanks mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

One question, how do you connect to wifi on awesome? I typed in the terminal sudo wifi-menu and it showed me the menu and I entered the key and everything, it worked once but after a reboot when I do the same thing and connect to my modem (the 2nd time it does not ask for a key/password) when I use any browsers, my Internet connection does not work, any idea?

Install networkmanager and network-manager-applet (the last is to ease the network switching process). Enable NetworkManager service. From command line, use the nmtui command to connect to a network. Once connected to a specific network, as long as the router stays turned on, the system will auto connect to the router on each reboot.

1 Like

Would this mess with KDE as I have this installed?