What happend to me goes as following :
- I was using my laptop normally when all of a sudden the background turned black (probably not detected any more)
- then restarted the laptop and when trying to sign in it logs me out instantly
- then powered off the laptop then turned on and the GRUB says it can’t detect the second internal HDD.
I use laptop Lenove z51-70 with :
- 128G SSD as the main disk and contains /efi, swap partition, /
- 1T WD HDD in the DVD place containing the /home directory.
I have fully updated my endeavourOS just a day before this happens.
History and Background
My laptop housing isn’t very well, the hinges are broken and because of this I don’t move the laptop from my desk at all but when I moved it after an hour or so this happened.
The DVD sata works on speed 3GB/s so I have to lower down the sata port of my WD 1T HDD from 6GB/s to 3GB/s
- Unfortunately, the eos-sendlog isn’t working. so, I don’t know how to share any logs with you.
- The Error message I can see on boot:
[ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device /dev/disk/by-uuid/8df2c071-2615-49e8-b8c8-0aa84d8331f4
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for /home.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File Systems.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for File System Check on /dev/disk/by-uuid/8df2c071-2615-49e8-b8c8-0aa84d8331f4
Any help would be much appreciated!!!